This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

lasik!

last pic of me EVER having glasses on! in my sister's super, duper, fabulous and redic beautiful, brand  spanking new house!
 after the surgery!
chillin while my eyes were tapped shut! 

long detailed report on my eye surgery!

my wonderful parents bought me the best gift ever! the gift of sight! 

i had really bad eye issues on he last trip to florida i noticed my eyes seemed to worsen, esp at night. so when i got back i went to the eye dr and had a check up.  my eyes had gotten significantly worse in 1 yr.  i was also told to stop wearing contacts, my eyes were in rough shape and had many dark spots on them due to heavy contact wear over 20 YRS of wearing conacts 12+ hrs a day

after being bugged to heaven and back by my dad and chris to get a lasik consult done and a quote, i did last aug.  the quote was what i TOLD them it would be, over 3500!  chris and i talked it over and agreed that with no coverage it was not in the budget for this yr

well, my parents blessed me with the surgery! they paid for all of it!  sweet deal!  i jumped on the ball and booked my appointy for dec 28

 i am NOT a detailed person so i did NO research before, i basically went in just went in knowing the basics

got there at 11 am.  had my eyes checked to make sure the prescription didn't change from aug, then had new pics of my eyes taken

11:30 went into the financing office, paid in full (thanks parents!)  i asked 2 questions

1-can i take drugs??  which i decided not to take.  i could have taken a atavan (sp????) type relaxer but it would have delayed the surgery and my wait time. so i decided to put my big girl pants on and went ahead with no drugs!  but i have to add my sister took drugs when she had hers done 2 yrs ago. haha!

2- when will the flap connect to my eye ball?  the body starts to heal immediately, it will take a full 3 days to be solid

then i went into the waiting room and got prepped for the or
the nurse lady came and put the numbing drops in at 12
very weird to sit there with my eyes numb!

12:10 (yes, i timed it!) i went  into the operating room where i met my dr, and he again tested my eyes and told me my eyes were in great shape!  oh, in aug i started prepping my eyes on a daily base to get them ready. the dr then gave me my instructions, he only had 1....keep my eyes opened as big as i can!!  and please, keep my eyes open!

i was then walked to the operating table, which was shiny white, like a massage table with a donut hole for my head.  i was then given 2 squeeze balls to squeeze when i felt upset or the need/want to blink...that freaked me out!

then the head rest was lowered to a knee length. at that point my heart started to pound and i felt the rush of blood to my head...which made me more nervous!  after 2 mins it got better and i was able to not panic.....self talk....!

then my left eye was taped shut
the dr asked if i was ready, i said "bring it on!"

then he took a small spatula type like object and put something across my eye ball, then i felt pressure, like someone was pushing on my eye when you have it closed.  it didn't hurt, just felt weird. then he put this eye ball holder thing on my eye so i could not close my eye, then i felt him take a stick like thing and rub my eye ball

i was then told to hold my eye open and to look at the green light, even when it goes black or i can't see it to look at it

then there was some red funky lasers.  some square patterns, some more lights and humming noise

then the worst smell i have ever smelt came,  it was horrible. i would guess the smell to be like burning flesh. i breathed through my mouth and thought of eliana the whole time!

the smell was the laser burning my eye!  i was smelling my burt eye!  ewwww!

then everything went black

and i knew everything was working!  i relaxed at this point and was told i was doing great!

then i felt pressure
and i saw the green light, it was blurry but more clear that i can explain...when you are use to having bad eyes and waked around at night blind, this blurry green light looked like 20/20 to me!

then the machine lifted up and my right eye was taped shut

repeat again with the left eye, except i thought of nate and some funny things he said over the last few days

2 kids, 2 eyes, right! ha

then i got up from the table and could see blurry!  the dr took me to have my eyes checked and then took a NEEDLE with water in it and DROPPED it into my eye. but i couldn't feel anything so that was neat

he then checked my eyes and told me everything went perfect!  i said "perfect?" he said "yes, perfect. and you did very well, you were brave, kept your eyes opened....better than his patients that morning"

which is thought was funny as anything. why?  bec i was the ONLY female. haha

then i walked into the recovery room. it was 12:35 i could see but not clear, like vaseline was on my eyes. but again. better than i could with out glasses

i met my sis and then had my eyes tapped shut for 15 mins

then i had my fist round of drops and waited with my sporty glasses on

then i had another set of drops and was cleared to go home and sleep

i got back to my sis's place and tried to sleep but couldn't.  i had to put drops in ever 30 mins and decided to take a sleeping pill at 5.  i woke up at 10, had a snack, took another sleeping pill and woke up at 5

i had my follow up appointment at 8 the next day.  less than 24 hours since the surgery

i was tested fr my eye sigh and i got just less than 20/20 in each eye individually, it takes time to strengthen the eye.  BUT  i had OVER 20/20 with BOTH eyes!

i was told that my eyes are healing faster/better than the average and to follow up again next wk in moncton

today is 48 hours since the operation, my eyes are dry and can get sore if i look at something too small or to long.  but over all WAY better than i thought!  i have to wear the sunglasses outside for awhile and inside if there are bright lights

i've spent 20 mins typing this out and my eyes feel great!

tomorrow i can shower and wash my eyes.  but i can't rub them or touch them again, i have to be careful

i will have to go back in a few yrs to have them touched up because my eyes were so bad but it's covered when my parents bought the life time warranty

now i have 3 pairs of glasses, 8 boxes of unopened contacts and 8 bottles of contact solution...any takers???

i would HIGHLY recommend lasik eye surgery!!!

THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: