This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

Aunt Shirley

this is a post with out pics. 

i use to have more time to blog about life, my thoughts and feelings. but with having the girls so close together with an older kid and schooling i had to pull back on my blog time

but this is a post i have to take that extra minute to do

ive been so blessed to have not suffered a great loss. both of my parents, and in laws are alive and healthy. all my siblings are alive and we talk often. all my in law siblings are also in good health.  all  my nieces and nephews are well

ive never suffered the loss of death

but this past jan i lost my aunt.  my aunt shirley, my mom's sister. 

my aunt shirley was special to me.  other than talking to chris about her, i didnt share much about her publicly. because our relationship was personal and private.

after i lost ben, i went through a dark time.  in the midst of the darkness, one day i got an email from my aunt shirley.  she shared with me her story. one that would make a great book!  i sobbed as i read and returned her email. which started an email relationship.  she understood my pain.  i could only under stand  a small part of hers, because i could never compare my loss with what she went through. 

that started almost a decade of emails. back and forth...i shared my heart with her, she shared hers.  over the last decade my life changed. i had 2 more girls and brought them to visit her and uncle vic on the island, with a bottle of red (her fav)

since she's passed, ive gone to message her a dozen of times. only to stop to remember she's not here any more. 

i miss her

i miss my aunt shirley

i wish i told her how special she was to me before she passed

this life is too short to not share how important people are to you

i miss you aunt shirley


0 comments: