This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

books!

ive returned to my love of reading! now that the girls are getting older and are outside playing. i find the time to read!  ive made a list of books i want to read and try to find as many as i can second hand. which is fun!  one of the the books on my list was from the ashes. i found it on marketplace for 5.00!  its a canadian story written by a metis man who rose from addiction to being the first metis person to hold a graduate position in a university. excellent story!

my sister recommended this one.  i didnt like the title at all. the home for unwanted girls, but after reading it the title mad sense.  another great read

one sunday afternoon i wanted a silly read, this one fit the bill. it was ok...
the house of secrets was recommended to me by another bookie.  i hated it! i got 3/4 way through and was so frustrated with the story line i skipped to the end then read reviews on line to fill in what i missed.  it was AWFUL!  
another friend told me bout this author...lisa see. it was fantastic! and i cant wait to read more from her
i wanted a silly/ easy read at the hotel and this one fit the bill. great inside look at the show!
i was THRILLED to score this bundle of high school books for nate.  check out all those titles! 
and these
and these! and a few more for me. all for 50.00!  i was so happy to check a good 10 books off my "to buy" for high school list. nate was THRILLED! thrilled i tell you! hahaha
i saw this book at chapters awhile back and immediately added it to my "buy used" list. i fund it at sally ann for 1.50!  FAN-FAST-IC!  it had me in tears.  
i recommended this book to ellie.  it had 10 chapters. she read it cover to cover in 2 days and asked me to get her the rest. i told her ill add it to my list to buy used.  its funny that bindi is all grown up with a child of her own.  a book about animals for ellie?! shes all over that! 
i was shocked at this one.  city of women. it was a ww2 book. the story line was based on a german woman who lived in berlin during the war and how a friendship with a jewish boy as a child grew to change her perspective on the world as an adult.  it was a interesting view on what a german could have felt...and the decisions she had to make...ive added it to my favorite pile 
ive noticed that my style of reading, or choice of books has really changed over the last decade.  i decided to purge my book shelf.  i ended up with over 200 books!  i put them in bundles and put them on marketplace. hoping to make enough money to buy some grimes brother/fairy tale books i have in my amazon cart...ive sold 2 so far
i almost cried when i found this book at sally ann for 1.50!  ive wanted to read it for months.  i promptly put the kids on "mute and ignore" and read it. then spend an evening researching the story to discover it was based on a TRUE story.  a jewish girl created a secret code writing and recording all the names of the jewish children she was making new identity cards for. these kids were then smuggled into switzerland.  it was a new way of looking at the underground system and the art of creating new identities for all the ppl who were hiding from the jews. chris was really good about me talking his ear off nonstop about everything i was learning. ha 
my empty book cases!  ha.  no worries! i saved ALL my Janette oke/amish/historical books!  
i have about 14 books on my "to read" pile and 100 on my to find and buy list. ha  cant wait for the summer. i plan on filling the days reading/researching and learning.  

its SO nice that the girls are getting older. im able to find time to rediscover me. my likes and new hobbies....chris stays the same. he likes the shop! ha

and with that. my blog is caught up! and im happy to have a computer to use!  and chris it was totally worth the 35 to get those roller blades! hahaha
 

0 comments: