This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

payless='s no shoes for me

payless lesson



so there i was happily shopping away with my coupon for new shoes and boots. i was trying them all on, picking and choosing what i wanted when out of the corner of my eye i spotted 2 teen gals also trying on boots. i over heard the convo and it went something like this...



"oh these are so cute, how much are they?"
"75"
"oh, i don't have that much"

i tried to block the convo out of my mind because the more i stood there and tried on shoes, the more my heart pounded. i hate that. i knew that someone was trying to talk to me, but i was refusing to listen. this is MY coupon. mine! mine! mine!

finally i gave in.

i walked over to the girls and asked them if they had a 50% off coupon. they said no. i asked them if they wanted mine. they just gave me blank stares. i dug into my bag and pulled out the coupon and told them they can use it to get 50% off everything in the store, (even sale stuff!)from shoes to handbags to socks and sunglasses. they just stared at me. i then told the 1 girl she should get the boots she was trying on cause they were super cute and made her legs look long and slim. the girls didn't know what to say. they were shocked. (i wanted the boots she had on!)

i left the store, mumbling the whole time. i just passed up on getting new foot wear! to those who read this and mock, shoes have value to me. if god had asked me to give up chips or burger king (barf) no problemo lord, here ya go. enjoy. no sacrifice. but shoes! man, that's tough.

obeying and doing what god asks me to do is way more important than giving up new shoes but the sacrifice was hard! it's funny how one sacrifice could be hard to one person and easy-peasy to the next.

somehow it's worth it all

0 comments: