This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

lists!

i am not a person make lists and actually follow them but over the holidays i've slacked a lot around the house, the house work added up leaving me a feeling of utter overwhelmingness, which leads to anxiousness and can easy spin out of control

so
i've started to make a daily list. and it's working! every morning i sit and write down all the things i want to do for the day. then i check them all off. i feel like i am doing something and i haven't gotten overwhelmed much!

i've also started a long term list, goals over the next 6 months

AND

i've even sat down and seriously gotten into the home schooling stuff. reading books, making notes, finding curriculum. over the holidays our weekly actives are off which opened my days up a lot. so sunday (or mon if i was away) nights for the last 3 weeks, i've sat down and planned out mini lessons and what i want to do with nate for school. i want to get him in to a routine early. i feel like we are getting somewhere....slowly

AND! it's working! we spend 30 mins a day working on 3 main topics, then the last 5 coloring and talking. he is one stubborn little man so it's a lot harder than i thought to get him to stop arguing, talking and just listen to me. any h/s's have some help for me???

i am blown away by how organised i feel, how clean my house is somewhat staying and i am not freaking out over all the things i need to get done before spring

AND i've cooked REAL meals, baked REAL treats everyday
AND the laundry is caught up


so exciting! i do wonder what will happen when the acitvities start back up. ha

so, anyone else making lists?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be a family thing, I've been making lists for years, it sure helps at work I can say. Happy New Year frOm our house to yours. Love Aunt Shirley

Crystal said...

Lists, ha! You know I LOVE my big lined postit notes. I usually have 6 lists on the go at any time. And since the are Postits, they are sticky, so I can stick then on the counter, fridge, bathroom mirror, papers, and anywhere else I need to.

mel said...

aunt shirley mess me your email!!!