This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

heart matters

every night i try to read from a book that a friend of mine placed in my hands. it's a devotional for home schooling mom's by my fav homeschooling author

i find when i read even just a short paragraph, i wake up feeling focused and calm, ready to start my home educating day

last night i read this

if you really desire to reach your children's heart for christ, you cannot do so until you build a deep and trusting relationship with each child.  they must feel that they can find no better confident, no more loyal friend, no greater encourager, and no one who understands their thoughts and dreams, fears and doubts, joys and hurts better than you....that you accept them no matter what you do...

it spoke to me because i believe this with all my heart.  my goal in home schooling is not the academics but to reach and hold the heart of each of my kids.  too have their deepest trust, love and emotions.  so i can guard them, love them, teach and train them. 

i feel that relationships with each of my kids is the most important thing, then the studies/school will follow.  does this mean we don't do book work? no!  but before we open a book each day, i have spent time with both of them that when we sit down to do school its calm, loving and joyful. is it like this all the time?  no, it never is when a child is learning something new or is antsy and wants to play. when this happens i am able to instill in them discipline and a chance to teach nate how to act, with a pure heart when he has to do something he doesn't want to...and learn a lesson in patience for myself

home school is hard. it's work. i knew the cost of taking this on the best i could with out actually doing it but i feel that because i did count the cost (my time, my patience, money, freedom or lack there of and many, many learning lessons for me) i know i will keep on keeping on because i know the road will end one day, my kids will leave (sooner than i care to think!) and then i will be able to move into a season of more freedom and free time to do those things i want to do

this yr, i can honestly say with out any frustration that i do not miss going out with the girls as i see and hear about their mom clubs/coffee dates and even long walks in the park. 

i counted my cost of home school, as with any season in life there is good and bad.  but there is a joy in the trenches when you know you are doing what you were called to do

my heart would burst into a 1,000 pieces if i missed out on the adorable things ellie does...why this morning alone the silly girl went and got into her shoes and proceeded to walk around talking "baba, dada, mamama and yayaya" while carrying and trying to out them on

or hearing nate yell "mom! get in here and see what ellie did" walking into the hallway i see my dolly walking with a sookie in her mouth, one in her hand and a cup of fishies. giggling and laughing all the way to my arms. where i scooped her up, cuddled her and asked her where in the world did she find them?! 

then there are the moments of frustrations....the calls to chris....the prayers of a righteous (haha) mom on the verge of losing my patience when i see tooth paste in the sink and on the mirror of my just cleaned bathroom....or the pile of science experiments i find all over my cleaned living room.....i counted my cost....i pour a coffee, grab a cookie and relax (then email, phone a home schooling friend or talk to chris. haha)

the hearts of my children out rule the craziness

"mom, mom, mom,mom, mom".....i must go i am being be called.........."mom! what's for lunch, i'm hungry"......."mom! i have a question!" "mom!" "mom! can i make a ship out of the laundry?" "MOM!!! WHERE ARE YOU, I NEED YOU> MOM!.........................."


those are my deep thoughts, yes i can have them. haha

happy friday everyone!

1 comments:

Loana said...

you have grown so much!!!
xo