This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

thankful

 for my dancing queen
 my stinker who loves to leave me pics on my phone
 angry ninja
sleuth ninja

yesterday, a huge storm hit n.b.  i was dreading ANOTHER storm, another day stuck in the house, another day of the same old mindless routine, with little human contact due to nate's classes being cancelled (storm)

i was dragging my butt up to shower and get ready for the day, with a stinky attitude and a longing for summer,  filling my mind with my list of things that i do each day, change a bum, do some laundry, wipe some walls, floors, make 2 meals and countless snacks, clean up after the meals and snacks, sitting down and spending another few hours working with nate on his school (while i sit there bored, restless and antsy to get it over with)

around 11 ish, my phone rang, it was chris, bring the master house lady i am i put him on speaker while i changed ellie's dirty diaper.  chris was sharing with me the struggles of his coworkers that morning trying to find alternative child care arrangements for their kids (schools and some day cares were closed)  and the problems they had to find places to put their kids until 3.  i finished the diaper, picked ellie up, fixed her hair and wiped her face, which is always covered in something! 

i took her to the chair and she curled into my arms as we sat and talked to chris, or rather while i listened to him talk.  as we rocked, the baby kicked.  ellie reached over and wrapped her tiny arm around my every growing (sigh) belly, she rested her head on my shoulders

chris wrapped the phone call up, and i went to put ellie down for her nap. i picked up a sippy of milk, held her as she drank, played with my fingers, her blanket and finally gave me the cup. looked at me and said "mama. HI!"  placing her  head back on my shoulders we rocked until my bladder said no more! haha

i put her to bed, covered her in her blankets, gave her her bunny and kissed her tiny fingers...leaving the room i said what i always say "have a good sleepy, we love you ellie girl. ill see you when you wake up"

i left her room, and sat on the brown chair outside her room.  i decided to change my heart and my though patterns right them, i cant control the weather or the closures that it brings but i can choose how i will spend the day

walking down the stairs, i called to nate "hey! its tine for school!"  and found him sitting at the table with his book out and ready. i knew we would have a great day at school. and we did

i find its hard doing the routine, the mundane, the boring same old, esp during winter but its a  season and it will pass and no longer will i have little feet running through my house, messing up my walls and windows, crying at nothing, yelling at the top of their voices, demanding "MOM!"

i choose to be so very thankful, to be home, raising my babies....even when its routine and boring. hahaha

*we ended up having an awesome snow day!  lots of school got done, fun was had and memories made

2 comments:

mom said...

Great story Mel.
What else can you do but change your attitude and real spring weather will be here soon.
Love you Mel

Loana said...

you made me cry..... <3
you are such a blessing!!