This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

5 yrs

5 yrs. already. so much has happened, so many changes so much to cherish, so much to be thankful for

knowing that fri was coming, i spent the last few weeks preparing my heart and asking god to show me his plans, his desires for me in handling the day i hate the most

i heard a soft voice speak to my heart and say "be thankful"

so i am. i choose to be thankful.  i choose to thank god for my son, i am so grateful to know i will hold him again!  he is alive right now. he is living a life far more grand than i could even imagine! hes not in pain, he's enjoying and rejoicing. so today. i choose to do the same

oh, i wont ever stop loving and thinking about him. ever. he lived in my body, he heard my heart beat. he heard my voice. he was and will always be a part of me. how can you forget a child you felt move in your womb? you don't

but today i give thanks for so much. so much in the last 5 yrs.  but most of all i give thanks that this horrible process has had good come from it.  so much good. so much

i was reading the other night and this literally jumped off the page at me

sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us. eccl 7:3

refining!  the perfect word!  this whole process and all the junk, hurt, sorrow and sadness made me refine who i was, to make changes, to draw closer to my god. closer in sorrow. to come out refined!  only a good god could create the process to refine you, to make you better through a tragedy.  i can honestly say that through all the darkness, the light came brighter. i became a stronger, better person.  a better mom

i will never, ever stop thinking and loving you ben. i can not wait to see you again! but until that day comes, i am going to make you proud. i am going to love life and rejoice for all the good i have. all the blessings i am surrounded with, including you for you my son have a special place that the other 3 don't have. i will always carry you in my heart. i will keep you there until i can hold you again

i love you ben. happy 5th birthday

6 comments:

Papa said...

Baby Girl

Oh how much you have grown in every aspect surrounding your (our) loss of a son, brother, grandson, nephew and cousin.

As your proud Daddy, I see and understanding your words. I will always until I join Ben in Glory have him in my thoughts and memory. He has left an impact upon my life.

Blessings Papa

Anonymous said...

Hugs, Aunt Shirley

Anonymous said...

Hugs, Aunt Shirley

wk-eigenheer said...

Love and hugs . Muetti

Chris Eigenheer said...

one day i'll hold you in my arms like i held you in my hand that day

Anonymous said...

this is nate...Ben i am only your brother but the amount of tears i have sheded is uncountable...but both you and i will see echother again