This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

different!



Please excuse all typos, spelling and bad grammar. I am typing with a 7 month old on my lap. Har!

This morning, i was bathing jo and i started to giggle, my train of thought was how different chris and i are. Or maybe its men and women in general?  Who knows. But to keep this personal i will share the differences between chris and i....back to the bath

As i warmed the baby tub for jo’s morning bath, i dimmed the lights, keeping the water warm and cozy, i put down a fluffy towel that she can rest on after her bath, i then went and got her, took off her clothes, kissing her toes, her belly, laughing and making eye contact the whole time. I wrapped her up in a towel so she didnt get cold on the 1 min walk to the bathroom.  I put her in the tub, covering her up with the warm water, so she didnt get cold then i spent a good 5 mins talking to her, washing her, loving her. As the water cooled, i put more warm water in. I rinsed her, then put her on the fluffy towel and wrapped her up in her owl towel and back to the room we went to get dresssed....stopping 2 times to look in the mirror and smile and coo at each other...as i dressed jo we talked and smiled more. Diapering her i put on some baby powder, to make her smell even better, i put some wonderful baby cream on her skin, then brushed her hair, put a clip in her hair and went to the chair for more cuddles...baby bath time 15 mins

Then i remembered the time chris bathed jo for me....down went the tub, off went the clothes, baby washed and dressed in 5 mins

Bed time.  I normally put the kids to bed, i start 30 mins before i want them in bed, which gives me time to read, do sticker books and cuddle with ellie (naps time too!)  so last week, i was running late and i asked chris to put ellie to bed...

Up he comes and says “ellie! Time for bed”  picks her up, walks her up stairs, i hear the story go on, toys removed from her bed and the click of the light switch. Chris was back down in 5 mins. 

As i sat there with jo, i was like “i cant handle that!”  i then secretly put jo in her chair, asked nate to watch her...snuck up the stairs and crept into ellie’s room. She saw me, stood up and put her arms out. I then put the light on, read her a book and snuggled her....i was like! My heart, i want to give night time snuggles...so there, i confess.  chris i went back up after you put her to bed to re do bed time!

Chris is so different from me, and yet perfect for me.  For us. For our family. He brings the balance we need. But i cant help but laugh at how different we do things around here.  I love him to 1000 pieces and back and he’s an amazing father.  He’s just what i need. And you know what?  The world doesnt put value on me or what i do. Heck it’s not even a real job. You cant see what i do most days but i know that if i wasnt here you would be able to see what i do!

i just laugh and smile at how different chris and i are.  And i can tell i am SO glad im home with my kids.  So grateful for the cute little things i see each day....

such as ellie piling toys on jo and walks away saying “ellie is kind”
ellie cooking and serving the most amazing meals
jo jo smiling at me. All the time. Just smiling
having the most fun conversations with ellie
hearing nate talk about his inventions and lego creations
high 5 ellie when she pees in the toilet
hearing “i love you mommy”
and with that its time to go and snuggle my baby.

Happy tues everyone!

3 comments:

Ursi said...

What were you smoking??? :P "It's not even a real job"???? Being a mom is the most important, most valuable job you could have!!! Don't let anyone (including yourself) tell you differently!! And I say this in the most encouraging tone, not a critical one:) I think you are an awesome mom, and even in the tough and challenging times, the value your work has could not be paid with money.

wk-eigenheer said...

We are soooo proud of all the mothers of our grandkids that they have chosen to be stay at home moms and early child educators!.. and the husbands that support them...! What a wonderful JOB you do !! Long ago I learned in household college the importance of moms at home in the sentence :" At home starts what shall shine and be brilliant in a country's future " . The work of your husbands and what the kids turn out to do. So you influence the future of our country. Thank you !

mel said...

love you guys! i meant that i know my value and that my family needs me. but society doesn't deem me as a working mom....e.g i cant get a credit card cause i don't earn a wage (some credit cards) which is like totally frustrating cause im like dudes, i am doing the most imp job ever. raising the kids that will one day be your bosses! please. and gov't i am actually saving you money by not sending my kids to public schools....can i get a kick back? har i love my job, i was created for it. god made me to kiss boo boo's and love my kids with too many hugs and kisses. ha...maybe i should not type with a baby on my lap. haha