This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

modern day communications

so. ive noticed there is a shaming, or so it seems to me, of mom's (especially) who use their phones too much, or are made to feel less super mom of she's using her ipad/computer/what ever sorts screen she chooses to use...for what ever reasons....

this week, i was doing my reg morning routine.  get ellie up, dressed, fed while nate plays his 30 mins of games....while ellie's eats at the table eating her breaky, made by me! ha , i brew a coffee, snap open the lap top, and browse.....quickly because time doesn't fall freely at my hands much. ha

i felt guilty. like i always do....when i use my screens when the kids are awake

chris came down as i was finishing up and he asked "whatcha doing?"

i said "just checking my sites, always weather, cnn/news/f/b and email"  but i felt guilty!

then i had this not me, not my style to think things through and come up with this freeing thought!

how is me using a screen ANY different from my parent's reading the newspaper when i was a child?

not much different to me!  i get my news, weather, communications, banking, shopping etc all by a screen in place of a newspaper....and how many of us remember being "ignored" (im using that word loosely) during that time?  i bet a lot of us!

so then i shared my thought with chris and he laughed at me and quickly removed any lingering guilt of using my 10 mins in the morning to check my sites out while "ignoring" the kids

hummmm.....deep thought......screens are modern day newspapers! 

happy friday everyone!


0 comments: