This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

joey!

 on the eve of joey's 4th birthday. i find myself looking back on pics.  so many memories.  so much love. i picked through a few of my quick fav's that brought back happy memories. 

nate holding his second sister.  who knew i would ever say that?

family.  being surrounded by love
 those hours in recovery.  after i had joey, my sis was allowed to stay and peek at joey. besides having chris with me, there was no one else i rather have than my sister.  unfortch, i have no pics of her seeing joey, bec i was with out a phone/camera. but i knew she was there, waiting for the news that everything was ok.  she was the first to see joey other than chris and 1 (same with ellie) and that makes me smile.
 chris and i spending so many hours holding this bonus baby. 
 the early morning feeds. the late, late night hall walks.  thank you chris!!!  its all worth it. so. very worth it
 the snuggles. the one on one. enjoying every minute of just us 3. 

as i look back on the pics, i am so ever grateful for my parents who kept nate and ellie, charlie and quinn. while i was having joey. and the days that followed. 
thanks mom and dad. and before  i know it, it will be me, watching my grand kids as other grand babies are being born
 this moment.
discharge day
i was doing so well, i was able to go home early! with the promise of coming back to have the staples removed. i remember taking a shower, getting dressed and waiting for the final discharge papers. after a long wait and a fight with dr's. we were able to take miss johana (meaning=hebrew for my god has increased; my god is gracious)  elizabeth (meaning. hebrew- oath of god and my mom's middle name) home. i remember pausing, taking this pic and knowing it was the last time i will leave a hospital with my own baby.  
 i  remember  the early days, after family left. it was chris and i and the kids. trying to find a new knew. i remember knowing this stage will not last forever. it will end. 

but what do i  remember the most?  its so silly to say! 
at night, after nate and ellie went to bed, chris and i would get joey and bring her to the living room. where we watched the whole season of "the unit" 
bawahhhh
it was awesome. i would literally sit there, nurse and eat and watch tv with chris
 the best time. ever!
 this one night, i think joey was about 2 wks old. nate came down, it was late, maybe around 10?  he wanted to have his tank filled. we shut the tv off, and spent time with nate and joey
after that it was all a blur. and if i didnt take 10,000 pis i would have no memory the last 4 yrs! ha

i think having a 5 yr age gap with nate and ellie was a blessing. it reminds me that this time with the girls will end. FAST. and i think knowing that, i was able to really enjoy the last 4 yrs.  im done with babies, toddlers and technically im in my last yr of "preschool" with joey. it went by so, very fast.  but ive really enjoyed it

and i cant imagine our life with out miss jo. oh, my word. what a giggle she is. 

so, with that. im off to reflect on the last 4 yrs. wow.  4 yrs ago tonight, i went to bed for the last time pregnant

sob, sob! 

but i remind myself, SO much has happened in the last 4 yrs!!!

0 comments: