This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

the story of 2 zucchinis

there once was 2 zuc's, who were buddies. they grew up together, played together and left their home a.k.a jess's garden to come to their new home...where they died together. ha

seriously. what does one do with 2 redic HUGE, over grown zuc's???

how does one bake with them??? having NEVER baked with zuc's before i was intrigued and set out to figure it out

so i tried to mash a zuc with a hand blender thingy
utter disaster!
then i tried the good ol' blender! nothing but a mashy/water mess it was!
hand blander? the old fashioned way???
SUCCESS!
it took me an HOUR to mash ONE zucchini!
what in the world will i do with the second??? i don't like cooked zuc! chris is tired of them!!! anyone!?
so i played around with recipes. some new. some old
top 2- zuc, cranberry/yogurt bread! wonderful-good!
bottom 2- zuc choc chip! divineness!
then i created
back left- zuc, oatmeal
middle back - zuc brownie!
2 loafs of zuc, walnut/raisin bread
right tray- choc zuc, yogurt chip...with a lemon glaze icing...these are sensational! SOOO good!

i am exaused! i have had a busy day!
and i STILL have 1 zuc left! any takers????

p.s each cookie has less than 100 calories :)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

So, according to this chart I found, to continue with my current weight (perhaps not REALLY what I want), I can have nearly 2,000 calories a day. This equals 20 of your delicious cookies. If I want to lose a pound a week, I'd have to cut back to 1,400 calories a day which translates to only 14 cookies. Although my desire is to lose some of the 'extra' weight I've been storing for winter, I think I'll have the twenty cookies and cut down to 14 tomorrow. :) I'll gladly message you our address... teehee :)

Anonymous said...

Baked zucchini, yummy, cut in half, hollow out the flesh. In a fry pan, saute onions and garlic, when light brown, add the flesh, cook until it's a nice soft mush, addd bread crumbs,(just enough to hold all together) and a tomatoe, bake in the oven 350 for 30 minutes (depending on the size)then top with mozzarella turn on the broil. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't sign, Aunt Shirley

mel said...

i am totally making this baked zuc for supper tonight...

chris sent me an email with instructions on how to do so

hint maybe?

ha