This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

conf part 2!

ok. seriously the conf to me came in 2 parts

fri- buy curriculum
fri night-satday- finding myself surrounded with others who share the same mindset as me!= thrilling!

our guest speaker was sally clarkson. who is a smarty pants home schooling lady but most important raised 4 amazing kids who are out there changing the world

after listening to mrs. sally speak i realised that homeschooling fits our family or rather my thoughts, desires and wants for our family (chris too but it's me typing not him ha)

so what is that?  it's not the academics, its the relationship

not once during the entire conf, workshops, updates or chats was the kid's education (academics) discussed.  sure it's important but it's not the foundation

simply put. it's me finding out who i am or rather what god created me to be.  and be it it without looking at others or comparing

so what is that?  i was created for many things, i know i've already done most of them but this season is the most important yet

i am a warrior princess
i am a wife
i am a mom
i am a relationship builder with my kids (kids!!  more than 1..ha!)
i am a home maker
i am a home educator

lets talk about the home educator bec it's very new to me...but what i've discovered is this
i have the chance to train and raise my kids for life, jobs, ministry
i have the chance to reach their hearts!  who are they really? what will they do? how can i help them achieve this?
i have the chance to spend time with them, laying a foundation
i have the chance to inspire them to be what they were created to be
i have the chance to prepare them to go into the world one day and thrive
i have the chance to show them how to live for god
i have a chance to show them how to handle pressure, stress, anxiety, problems...the right way
i have the chance to teach them that they have something to give, to send them off as warriors
i have the chance to create an environment that they can be inspired, challenged, educated, savour, convict, build relationships
i have the chance to create a legacy with my kids
i have the chance to define, create and encourage our own family culture
i have the chance to invest in my kids. spiritually, physically, emotionally, financially

i have been given this chance, for this season and i will never get it back.  how will i use these days? years?

as i type, i feel no pressure just happy that i have been given this chance.  it makes me happy. i know my place and i know where i am going.  i know i am not alone, there are others out there who share my chances and it's wise to surround yourself with those who believe with you

i've been staying quiet about home schooling after hearing some comments that were not so positive.  i realised over the weekend that i can't be held responsible for the feelings of others if they agree or not.  when i talk about home school, i am speaking about us.  no one else. this is best for my family!

i also realised that there is good and bad with this lifestyle

all choices have consequences!

i read this on fri morning and it's so fitting for today!

in the multitude of anxieties within me, your comfort delights my soul....ps 94:19

as i continue on this journey, i tell (cry!!!!) myself in the midst of it all, his comfort delights my soul....that fleshy, icky, bossy, demanding side of me....ha!

0 comments: