This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

first day of school!

we had our first day of school today!  we decided last week that ENOUGH! time to start! so we choose today.  set the time 9 am.  taking full on board advantage of c being home, he took ellie for 2 hours while i schooled nate
ellie's sleep is still a struggle and not having her on a reliable routine (yet!) i don't have the time with just nate and me to do school.  so having her off my mind we were able to start!
after a round of intro and rules, there is only 1! 

"do everything with out complaining or arguing. then you will be blameless and innocent. you will be god's children with out faults.  you will shine like the stars! Phil 2:14-15"

we then worked on writing (the above pic he traced!) 
then we did some reading. her did the above all by himself
then on to the BEST math program. ever!  math u see. seriously, why is this NOT in the public school system????  even i can learn math using it!
haha!
then we had lunch and i went to the office to cry. ok. sob.  head down on my desk full on sobbing!
why?  because i was MISERABLE! so many emotions, so many HUGE changes and adjustments going on around here
i sat at my computer and bawled. the morning was NOT what i wanted. sure i had all these adorable and effective schedules and structure and binders full of GREAT ideas and planners and books and on an on
but i left school time feeling overwhelmed, alone, scared, tired, bored, emotional and miserable
i felt defeated on day 1!!
so i said to god "you have 5 mins to show me something! anything! " because i didn't know when ellie would wake up or something would happen or the phone rang or the door bell went off etc...
he gave me this

my mandate
(i loath that word! but it is what it is)

Home education is the natural growth of home nurture and home discipleship.



My goal is to raise Nathaniel and Eliana as mature children who have the will and skill to learn and the desire and ability to keep learning


My goal is to raise well-rounded, spiritually grounded, truth founded Christian children whose goal is to make a difference for the kingdom of God, whatever path they choose


The fruit of my hard work and effort will be educated children, good marks, college or university or what ever career they choose, a great salary


There is no formula. There is only the Holy Spirit who will guide me


God has already given me everything I need to train and educate my kids. In real life. Real books, real relationships


By keeping them home. I am choosing

1- My home is where they should be

2- 2-My home is the source of goodness in their lives


Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. Is 43:19

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2

someday when i have time. i will print it out and post it where i can see it

i LOVE the "stop copying the world" which was what i did.  it made me miserable.  after 1 DAY!  then god showed me a new way to go. so i am gonna trust him 100% here and just do it! wing it!  dive in and start our real day 1 tomorrow!

i am putting all my great ideas and thoughts away for january to reevaluate and going back to what i've been doing. in this order

loving my boy and out time together
doing one "subject" a day (after bible and calender) and focusing only on that
tomorrow will be reading. sure we will use books and curric (thanks jodie!) and read together
lose structure that allows me to enjoy HIM and our time together
resulting in him doing what's he's been doing up to now
relationship first-learning and growing!

then i came down and showed chris and he's on the same page. i have to ENJOY what i am doing and STOP looking at others and trying to copy what they do. or even copy public school! this is a NEW thing!  i can't look at the past or what's being done. it's new! there is no guide, there is no guarantee, kinda like parenting. it has to fit us and our lifestyle (which just went through a HUGE adjustment!)  lighten up and live happy!

and we are!
then nate played and built a structure   so. today is the first day of my new new! like everything time will iron out the wrinkles and again i leap in faith cause really after all this, i have no idea what i am doing and never felt so free!

1 comments:

wk-eigenheer said...

adjustments is life, life is adjustment. Parents modeling children, chilren modeling parents.
We as parents are modeled with the assingment of having children. The hard part is to fine to a YES to the assingments if we gave to our self or if it is given to us . Melanie I wish you wisdom ,strenght and joy to it.
Love Muetti.