This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

flowers fade

a sobbing nate came and got me
he was so sad, crushed and depleted
i asked him "whats wrong bud?"
he said "mom, i have to show you something, outside, it's really, really bad. you are going to be sad. come i'll show you"
wondering what i the world had happened, nate took my hand and with quiet cries he took me out side
to my front flower garden
kneeled  down by my old ago bloomed lily bush that was, well, dead looking
nate looked down and said "mom, they died. i tried to save them for you"
out of the corner of my eye i saw my green watering can, on it's side, with a few drops of water beside the spout
"i said oh bud! that's ok! these are perennials they come back every year!"
nate said :mom, are you not sad?  or mad?"
i laughed and said "no! they come back, they are like bears the close up and sleep all winter long then (with my hands raising to the sky) come back, bigger and stronger and prettier!"
nate said while throwing his tiny body into may arms "oh mom, i am SO glad about this. i was so sad for you, i thought your flowers were dead and dead forever"
i told him how much i love him and how my heart is so happy that he watered those dead flowers for me with all his might doing everything he knew to make them better

reminds me of my fav verse (the very first one i memorized)

the grass withers, the flowers fade, but the word of the lord lasts forever

makes me wonder what will come of me, us this winter season.  will we grow and come back stronger as we hibernate? will be burst this coming spring? will we make it, survive and bloom?  how about you? how will you spend your winter?  what will you look like this spring?

0 comments: