This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

peppermint oil rules!

this is a tale, not for the weak.i will warn you there is some adult content involved
heehee

so, yesterday. ahhhh sweet yesterday  it was a day of super charged hormones, emotional sadness and by 6 pm i was tired, hungry and sad

so, after i put the kids to bed which would normally have me longing to snuggle and cuddle. i was like "thank goodness that's OVAH"

after bumming around, moping, snacking and chatting with chris i was still out of sorts and all over the place

finally, i decided to do what always makes me happy

turn the lights out, light a candle, turn on the fire place (ambiance people ambiance!)  grab a nice pc of chocolate (ok, a bar. a chocolate bar) run my tub with hot water and pour in my peppermint oil and lavender bath bomb.  everyone knows peppermint and lavender can work wonders on your body

then i got the marvelous idea to turn this in to what i call a romaticy event.  knowing that 10 mins in real time is 20 mins to chris time (for some reason, he's very precise and punctual with real time but when i call him time he's off......cough.....)

so i called him and said "there is something i wish to discuss with you can you come up in 10 mins?"
he asked why can't he come now?  i suck at coming up with things on the spot so i said "ohhhh just something i want to discuss but need sometime to think about before i talk to you........"

he agreed

i giggled and got in my perfect tub of perfect temperature water. for those who bath, this is like mission impossible!  it's always to hot or to cold. never just right!

i relaxed in the water. ate my chocolate bar, and blinked my eyes to adjust to the candle lit room.  ahhhh everything was simply perfect now

i closed my eyes and enjoyed the chocolate

the water was simply wonderful

but seemed to be a bit hotter than before. strange.  i put my knees up to cool down a bit. hummmmm this water is quiet warm now. almost too hot. weird. a few minutes went by.....  hummmmm ok it's almost like a tingly heat. kinda nice....a few more minutes..... ok, now it's not so tingly but a bit on the pain side......

wondering what was going on. i sat up and felt the cold air hit my chest and realized that it was hot against my skin! not cold, cool or even warm. but stinking, painful burning hot!

 i decided to wash the water off me by emptying the tub while crying "hot! hot! hot!"  i turned the shower on but the water felt cold! i turned the water up very high and the heat got worse!  knowing i could burn myself with the hot water, i panicked and jumped out of the tub and did did what any burning, rational woman would do

i threw my bathrobe on and asked nate to call chris to come up!

nate did

then i told nate to go back to bed and that i was fine....while my body was burning and yet shivering froom cold

i waited about 2 mins in pain!  then i called chris myself.  he answered the phone and i yelled "GET UP HERE!  it's not the kids!! come and see me!"

he came up to find me in my bathroom, shivering and jumping up and down in pain.  i was yelling "i am BURNING! make it stop!"

so chris, being chris, wanted a full on account of what happened.  i said "i wanted to be romanticy and surprise  you,  i wanted to take a nice bath.  i used 2 caps of the peppermint oil and i am burning in pain!.. make it STOP!"

chris started to laugh and laugh and laugh.... while i stood there in pain!  jumping around and crying "hot hot!  cold cold!!

when he finally stopped laughing (ok i slapped him)  he told me to get back in the shower and this time use shampoo to get the oil off my skin. i got  in and grabbed the chocolate body wash (thanks sarah) i now had a powerful smell of peppermint, lavender and chocolate. yum. not!

chris was laughing. i told him to stop and help me  get the oil off.  he did. wink wink

about an hour later my skin was ok

moral of the story. peppermint oil can burn!  trying to be romanticy can be dangerous and most important!  laugh at yourself. i do!

bawahhhhhhhhhh


4 comments:

wk-eigenheer said...

....if the sadness burned down ?
Wish you the next bath a wonderfull relaxing one.
Love Muetti

Veronique said...

hahahah!! THis story totally had me laughing! lol

Loana said...

Burn baby burn.....
That's what you get for trying to be all romantical!!!lol

Chris Eigenheer said...

good thing i didn't suggest that or there wouldn't be any "romantic" for a loooooong time!!!