This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

mmmm want some?

i was brewing my java this am and looked over at nate. there he was flirting with me
he would look to the left, then the right, then down, then smile. too cute. he's such a big boy! we rid the booster chair last week. he's growing SO fast!

out of love and adoration i baked these babies yesterday. what are they you ask? why they are ....wait for it....
bacon, chocolate chip cookies
yep. for real. bacon. and choc chips. just for chris
they are actually quite good. i did taste one out of sheer curiosity. then had another one to confirm. they ARE good
the recipe is
2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp b/soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c butter
3/4 w/sugar
3/4b/sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 lg eggs
2 c choc chips
10-12 slices of cooked crispy bacon
bake 375 10-15 mins
makes 2 1/2 doz
store in fridge in a sealed container
i made a 1/2 batch, not knowing if these would be good or not
the things i do for love
*muetti, vati would love these babies!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey M,

I'm not sure about those bacon chocolate chip cookies .... Hubby likes bacon but I think his stomach might turn at the idea of them in a cookie. Did you find a recipe for them, or create them yourself? I'll take your word on it that they're tasty but just can't see it .... hehe :)

mel said...

bawahh. so funny. i know they sound bad but they are good! it's the salt/sweet mix. i found the concept on allrecipe.com but changed the recipe to fit what inged's i had on hand.

chris is known for his love of bacon

i plan on testing them out tonight, but i am not telling them what kind of cookies they are until AFTER they ate them :)

Shannon said...

ha, that's hilarious. I guess the combo of salt and sweet might be good :) I am a salt lover, myself.

Not sure if Jer would like this one, despite his LOVE of bacon and all things breakfast! He makes better cookies than I do, and loves to gloat about it, but since he's so cute in the kitchen that I don't mind him showing me up! :)

Let me know how the testing goes tonight! I'm interested in the response. As humans we'll eat just about anything until we know what it is, ha, we're good taste testers!