This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

fake, fakery

power full isn't it


does it still hold the same power?

i have thought about this much as of late...not sure why...i love this song, it's so powerful, so true, so god, so where i am at...i sing it, it makes me smile, it makes me cry and it makes me think...

knowing the truth behind the song, the singer and how it came out...did change my "feelings" ...the song felt "tainted" "dirty" and another "wait, i am not one of those christians"

the song was no longer "as good" as it was when i first heard it

today, i thought about it and played it. then it hit me...knowing the dirt behind the song, doesn't change the meaning of it...

no matter what you do, nothing can separate you from god. nothing.

the song is about god's power...just bec the singer faked it...does not change god...just bec mike lied...does not stop god's healing power...

the song, to me, is real...knowing the truth behind it doesn't change it anymore

nothing is impossible for god. he holds me and my world in his hands

4 comments:

Shannon said...

This breaks my heart because I know how many people will use this as an excuse not to believe in God. The thing is, it's just more proof of human error and sin; of just how much we need God's grace and forgiveness.

Ursi said...

Wow, quite the story. It's very true that even though the reason and motivation behind the song were fake, the God he sings about is not. And I think that even as believers we all sometimes put up a facade, a mask of who we really are. Granted, we don't all pretend to have cancer, but we may pretend that we have a vibrant devotional life when in fact we struggle with praying and reading the Bible on a regular basis, we confess that we trust God for the finances, but panic when the car breaks down unexpectedly.

Shannon said...

Ursi, your comment couldn't be more true; I think you hit that one right on the nail!

mel said...

totally agree! i am sure another serious blog will be coming soon :)