This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

fathers day preup

in prep for father's day (mom's are on top of stuff like this and prep a week early not like dad's muwahhhhhh) i started thinking about my own dad and i thought "if i could ask him questions what would i ask" and seeing as he's alive i thought why not! why wait! i will ask while he's here! so i did

i sent the following questions to him and i was teary when i read his responses. i won't post what he wrote to me, i do have my limits. lets just say i cried. so i though i would post them for you guys so copy and use if you want. it really gave me in site into my dad, on a level i didn't know. i haven't even shared the answered with chris yet (sorry babe) i will! i just wanted to keep them for me for a while....so enjoy!

1. What did you enjoy most about being a Dad? Least?

2. Are there things you wish you had done differently as a father?

3. In what ways are we alike and in what ways are we different?

4. Why did you marry my mother?

5. Is there anything you every wanted to tell us (me) but have not?

6. What is the secret to raising good kids?

7. Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents (my grandparents)?

8. Do you think today’s fathers have it harder, easier or just different?

9. What do you want to make sure that my children and grandchildren will remember about you?


p.s i hug and kiss nate more now. haha

2 comments:

Ursi said...

That is awesome! I don't think I can copy those questions for this father's day, but I might "steal" them for next:)

Shannon said...

Mel, this is a great idea to get to know our Dad's better! I am going to use this, and keep my fingers crossed that Dad checks his email in the next 20 years:) Thanks for sharing your brilliant ideas with everyone! xo