This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

not alone!

what do you do when you get scared?
or when you feel uncertain
or unsettled
or sad
or anxious? panicked? overwhelmed?

i keep it bottled up, until my sleep is interrupted which leads me tot eh sheer indication that something is wrong

then i usually go to god or chris for a chat
and i take out something i've already deposited from a better time

my sleep was interrupted last night
mostly due to little miss e
i was unsettled
which lead to nasty dreams and a full on icky feeling today

i find myself struggling today to feel peace that i can't understand
to find that place of security again that i can only find in christ

life sucks at times and bad things happen to great ppl
but it's during these times of uncertainty that we can find ourselves back on the mountain


‘Don’t be shocked or afraid! The Lord your God is going ahead of you. He will fight for you, just as you saw him do in Egypt. And you saw how the Lord your God cared for you all along the way as you traveled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child'



after we lost ben, i had some people ask me "how can you believe in a god who would do this to you?" and "where is your god"

the first time i heard it i was shocked and flustered and i answered 'i can't imagine going through this with out my god!' and to the last one, i answered with tears 'he was with me the whole time, he never left me'

that tragedy gave me the chance to strengthen my faith, and when i go through times like today (and the past week!) it gives me the strength and the knowledge that god is with me now

Thought that I was all alone
Broken and afraid
But You were there with me
And I didn't even know
That I had lost my way
But You were there with me
Until You opened up my eyes, I never knew
That I couldn't even make it without You

Even though the journey's long
And I know the road is hard
Well, the One who's gone before me
He will help me carry on
And after all that I've been through
Now I realize the truth
That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God

As I travel on the road
That You have led me down
You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me
I have need for nothing more
Oh, now that I have found
That You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me
And I confess sometimes I lose my way
But You are always there to bring me back again

Sometimes I think of where it is I've come from
And the things I've left behind
But of all I've had what I've possessed
Nothing can quite compare
With what's in front of me
With what's in front of me


0 comments: