This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

new years nightmare!

 i loaded up the older 2 new years eve around noon to drive up to freddy to join up with my parents, who had been there since sun enjoying a much needed vacay! and my sis and her brew who spent the week in the states, to celebrate the new year. i thought about bringing jo and chris but really, 3 kids in a hotel room is NOT my idea of a fun night. ha. so chris and jo stayed home and went to a party with some friends....anyways!  i got my map, printed off of google and started my drive

about 20 mins into it ellie wasnt being herself. she looked like this.....i decided to keep an eye on her and keep driving. about 30 mins later i knew something wasnt right so i pulled over on the highway to investigate. as soon as i got her door open she turned and opened her mouth....and puked into my hands!  i threw it on the ground and caught the next batch of barf.....i cleaned her up as best i could, took off her sweater coated in barf and wiped her pants off....then decided to keep driving....

as i got to freddy, i realised that my google map SUCKED and did NOT give me the directions.  after driving 15 mins in the wrong direction, i pulled over again to catch MORE of ellie's barf, called chris and got more frustrated and decided to follow my gut and go in the opposite direction....

 about 15 mins later i once again pulled over to...yep!  catch more barf!  this time it was the worst and i ended up stripping ellie down, i was about 15 mins away from the hotel, i was out of wipes, clean clothes and ready to cry
 ellie was covered in barf.  she threw up another time on the way to the hotel
i met dad at the parking lot where he got a blanket to wrap my baby girl in and carried her to the room for me.  ellie didnt say a word....sob....i then got her in the tub, hosed the barf off of her and let her rest with some fluids....after an hour or so she was good to go!

i learned a lesson thou, i can handle myself under pressure and NEVER follow google maps again. but call my dad for specific directions instead!!!

1 comments:

mel said...

or, you could have just used the gps. but that would have been too easy! right? hahaha...