This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

nate-ness


yesterday was a day

mercy me man oh man!

it was one of those days

nate was giving me a run for my patience


and yet

during all this he says the most amazing thing
during lunch he said to me
"mommy, there is a baby in your belly"
my mouth was full of food so i didn't respond but chewed
he continued on
"mommy, there is a baby in your belly. i put it there. no wait. i did not put it there. someone who i don't know put a baby in your belly. you have a baby in there"
then he got up. pulled my shirt up and grabbed the bunched tummy flub and said
"see that bump? that's the baby. it's there in your belly. this baby is going to be like charlotte"
then he goes back to his seat, grabs more lunch and said "yep. you have a baby in there"
THEN he said
"mommy, i want to live closer to quinn so i can play with him. can we pray that we live closer?"
i said "sure. do you want to pray or me?"
he said "i will. jesus, i want to live closer to quinn. can i please?"
with his eyes closed. hands folded. he was quiet. then he looked up and said
"mommy! did you hear that? shhhhhhh listen!"
i said "hear what?"
he said " shhhhh. i hear jesus!"
then he said "yes!"
nate looked at me and said "mom! did you hear that?! that was JESUS! he said YES! quinn can live closer to me! i heard him say yes! did you hear the yes??!!!"
bawahhhhhh
sure buddy!
then at supper (after chris came home early to deal with nate and his badness) chris and i are sitting there eating and chatting and laughing and nate hops off his chair comes over to me, lifts my shirt and shows chris my "bump" and repeats the whole baby in my belly story to chris
hummmm i guess we will have to wait and see
(i am NOT pregnant btw)
but i am expecting great things to come
my future is bright! is your's?

1 comments:

Crystal said...

I loved that story you told me yesterday, and I think it would be wonderful to have a wonderful new niece. BUT, she will end up with my hair, you know one of our kids is gonna get it, and you are best able to deal with it...