This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

stand, stand, stand

here we go again. today i was reading eph 6:11-13 and i saw something i never saw before. and well, i am to lazy to call chris and tell him so i will blog it. again, i know, he already "knows" this and i am sure you's all do too! i am a simple gal!

11-"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."
stand- to be in an upright position on your feet (i guess i have to get up from the corner where i am hiding, arms over my face praying that i don't get hit)

-steady on your feet (and i have to take both my feet and slam them on the ground so nothing can knock me over)

-to take up or maintain a position or an attitude (hummm maybe i should touch base with god for some clear direction)

it's just so much easier to not take a stand or choose to believe in something! lalalalalaaaaaaaa

12-"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

13-"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

revelation 1

note- vs 1 "you." no one can stand for me
vs 2 "we." the christian body. spiritual back up. team
vs 3 "you." me again

whole- full quality, entire, full, total
- mathematics. integral not fractional
-not broken or damaged
pertaining to all aspects of human nature. spirit, soul and body!

"in the evil day, and having done all, to stand"

it's the comma that got me. the placement of it. you use a comma to divide a sentence or to set off/out a word or separate a list

ok, list it!

in the evil day (today)

and i have done everything that i can...use it

to stand!

i looked this verse up in over 10 different translations and all of them had the comma's in the same place. interesting...

i must take my stand, dig deep, go higher. it's not about me or what i want or what i desire or my dreams or me, me, me, me....i must put ALL of the armour on so we can fight as a team, together, with all of our armour on against the badness in the world. stand. fixed. not moving.

it's spiritual

now just to figure out what i am standing for. ha!

(there is nothing wrong with dreams and wanting things)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heb.12,11.12 was often my hope and encouragment in hard times; God teaches us and it is not fun... BUT...HE has a plan in all that. Sooo ..?!? ...strenghten your trembling knees....Keep walking on straight paths....HE ENCOURAGES US , YOU ,"Melanie I am with you ,you can make it!" Love Muetti