This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

reflections

i was asked to speak at a ladies event and the topic is reflections. i will be away so i can't do it (darn it. you's know how i adore PUBLIC speaking!) anyways i have been thinking about this topic and i played the "what would i say if i was doing it" game



last week nate came running into the room to show me his picture. i said "just a sec" (cause you know i was busy) he called me again, and again and again...


"nate! WHAT do you want?" i yelled? with some *cough* minor frustration


he looked away and said "this" as he gave me the picture and walked away


a few days later


"mom! mom! MOM! look at me! i have to show you something!!!!!!!!!!"


"just a sec dude, cause you know i am busy doing something...."


"MOM! LOOK MOM!!!!!"


i turn my head and quickly glanced at the treasure he held in his hand "great job buddy" i said as i went back to doing what ever i was doing


i saw his feet some to me. stop in front of me. he took his hands and put them on my face and said "mom. look at me with your eyes"


i went back to thinking about reflections/mirrors and what i saw i did not like


i took a real hard look at me and i did not like what i saw reflecting back


i can only imagine what nate see's


what does he see when he sees me?


frustration? anger? impatience? hostility? annoyance? disinterest? bored? not caring?


harsh hu?


then and there (after i sucked some holy dirt) i made a choice to watch my face with nate ESP when he is being challenging


what do i want him to see?


i want him to see what god see's when he looks at me


love, adoration, joy at simply calling me, a smile, a hug a kiss, positive encouragement, a soft word, patience, understanding


if god flows through me shouldn't it flow to my son?


i've made a huge change in this area and i saw a change in nate right away


i want nate to see in my face how much i love him, how special he is. i have changed my attitude towards his negative behavior. it's no longer a problem to fix but instead it's a learning time. for him and me


eyes of understanding to respond and see what i am called to do or how god's word translation says "i will have deeper insight and i will know with confidence what to do" eps 1:18

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I love this post. Change is good! :) You are a wise, caring, beautiful woman!

Penny said...

Blessings to you, Mel! Love this post!

mom said...

God is good!!!!!

Anonymous said...

whata reflection that we all can learn something out of! Love the honesty....

xo
Misty

Anonymous said...

And you did it with out going there...Good job Melanie. What truth you reflected on... Keep going in doing what you learned and thank you for reminding us others to strife to reflect our God who loves us so immense. God's blessings. Love Muetti