This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

i have a story for you!

do i have a story for you!

to keep this shorter and simpler i have made a list of characters

m=me
n=naters
c=chris
tl=the lady
helen=chris's coworker who had the party

ok. sat morning i spoke at the ladies breaky, after i cleaned up then rushed to sneak an errand or 2 in before i got home in time to fix my hair, change and run back out the door with the boys for our "chris's so-worker's pizza party"

which i will say i had a really bad attitude about going. just say. i did NOT want to go

we get there. we are the only ones under 50
n is the only child
there are no toys

yeah. this is gonna be fun

while we waited for the pizza this lady took it upon her self to entertain us all with stories about herself, then the pizza came and nate provided the evening entertainment. with mega help for tl. this lady seemed quite taken with nate and well that was just fine with me

the whole time i am there, talking to tl. i am thinking "man, she reminds me of someone" but i quickly forgot about it

finally we leave the party and c says on the way home "tl made the party"

we go home. get nate to bed then watch a movie together before crashing at the end of another busy day

sunday. during the day i am find myself thinking "man, that lady reminds me of someone"
after church i was driving to meet with a friend at frenchies for our bin diving, java drinking and mommy complaining. i mean. mommy loving fun!

as i sat at the lights i had this convo in my head

man, that lady reminded me of someone
who?
oh yeah, she reminded me of my friend from jr.high. what was her name again?
hummmmm think think think
wait! her name was lisa. that lady reminded me of lisa...
wait! she really reminded me of her mom
what was her name????
think think think?
wait a second. didn't t/d say she had a daughter named lisa?
coincidence?
hummm
wait?! didn't t/l say she had a daughter names susan? didn't lisa my friend have sister named susan?
WAIT A FREAKING MINUTE!
didn't helen say she had a sister who lived in n.s?

i freak out and break the law. i call chris while driving AND going through tim's. i beg him to get a hold of helen and ask her who this lady was!!! c sent her an email

flash forward to this am. c gets an email and starts to read it to me. turns out this lady, IS my friends MOTHER from like what 20 YRS ago???!!!

i am freaking out bec i haven't seen my friend or her mom in YRS. i have such amazing fond memories of this lady. she helped me with my math, i stayed at their house like a lot!

so. i am in the process of getting a hold of this lady to re intro myself to her

moral of this story?

always go to your husband's coworkers pizza party, where you know no one...or why you are even there....and bring your child who will them entertain everyone who lights a spark in a strange lady's mind and makes the party fun...
BUT
go with a good attitude!

seriously. small flipping world!

* i happen to fall in love with 2 paris of pants, 1 dress and 2 tops and had to bring them home with me. they are now all washed and waiting for wearing
ha!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

You are so like DAD!

mel said...

meee? like dad? NEVER!
ha!
i am in touch with lisa now. remember her? brookfield? anyways, we are catching up on the past 20 yrs...good times!