This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

happy 39th chris!



 39 years ago, in a tiny village close to the german border  a little boy was born

today i celebrate my besties birthday! 

i want to share a bit of the man i married, the side that not many see.  those who know chris know of his strength, his amazing organization, love of structure, planning, creating and his strength to follow through and well, take no crap from no one. ha

but i know that other side, the side no one sees.  chris is a huge softy at heart. he loves me and his kids more than anything and we are out above everything else in his life/his to do list.  chris seems tough and mean/firm/stubborn and opinionated, ha and he is! but he is also the kindest most caring, thoughtful man i know (next to my dad!) 

yesterday, after battling this redic sinus problem i left the DISASTER of a house and i mean, filthy pig-pen stated to go teach the kids.  i came home to a SPOTLESS house.  while i was gone chris vacuumed, moped, dusted, wiped, cleaned and make the house look awesome.  you have NO idea how wonderful it was to walk in to a clean home, exp feeling so icky!  then, late last night after another night of not sleeping, i woke him up trying to breath, blowing my nose he put his arms around me and shared with me how hard it is for him to see me like this, to fight to breath no sleep and to keep on going.  he then told me that he sent an email off to his boss taking them morning off so i could sleep. he also told me he was going to take the kids out of the house so the house will be quiet and for me to phone him when i was ready for him to come back.  seriously!  so thoughtful and loving

that above is just 1 of thousands of examples of this guy i love. he is so good to me. 

so today, on HIS birthday, i want to express my adoration of my guy.  i love you chris so very much, i am thankful for you. thank you for loving me, for sharing your life with me and walking through this journey with me.  you are the only guy for me and i love you.  thank you for staying with me, laughing with me, growing old with me and loving me

happy birthday chris. i love you!

5 comments:

Papa John said...

They say if you want to know what, who and how a man is, ask his family.

I believe there is any doubt after reading this post as to the husband and father your Chris is. There is no such thing as a person husband, father, but I would suggest that you have the near perfect match for yourself and children.

Blessing's to the Eigenheer Family.

Papa

Ursi said...

I do have the best big brother, don't I Mel??? I'm so happy for both of you that you found each other. I lived with him for some 18+ yrs and I know it's not always easy, but you're right he is a pretty wonderful guy! Please give him a big Happy-Birthday hug from me.

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt Melanie:
I can't wait when you call us to say we have chosen a name...
Love Quinn

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt Melanie:
I can't wait when you call us to say we have chosen a name...
Love Quinn

mel said...

Quinn! I am not sure yet on a name but when we know 100% I will tell you!!! we do have a front runner, call me and I will tell you!