This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

im NOT busy!

i was up early this am, earlier than i wanted. haha.  as i rested in bed, i got to thinking about a few comments that have been said to me over the last few months....some are along the lines of

"man! you must be SO busy!"

"3 kids? man, life is busy for you"

"a 2yr old and a infant? wow, you sure have your hands full"

"why 3?  now you will be so busy!"

"pregnant again??  that was fast. now you will be very busy"

etc....etc....etc....

i always just shrugged it off but towards the end of the pregnancy, i noticed that the comments were being made with a negative connotations to it.  as in im busy with 3 kids,  busy, busy, busy....as in chaotic, rushed, hazed, mad, messy house, mini van driving all over town, no time to think and im losing my mind with all of life's busyness....
 

which got me thinking that the word busy is often over used and mostly used with a negative meaning behind it

which kinda irritates me, like a pebble in your shoe irritant 

so as i rested this am, i was like "dudes! i am NOT busy!" im......something......i need a word to describe life with 3 kids.....but busy is NOT it

the house is actually quiet most of the time, we have a routine and i find my life peaceful...the house may get messy but its picked back up again...

i ran through my day yesterday in my mind, thinking over everything i did and i just could not come to peace about using the word" busy" to describe my day/my life. i need a word to use!!!!

and a few hours later i came up with it!!!

my life is NOT busy

my life is purposeful!

purposeful means having a purpose (duh!)

purpose means

the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc.

an intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.

determination; resoluteness.

the subject in hand; the point at issue.

practical result, effect, or advantage:

my life is full of purpose, doing what god created me to do...im busy about my father's work people!  

so the next time someone makes a comment about how busy i am, im gonna smile and say yes!  my life is busy with purpose, is yours?

love one another as the man who gave his life for us loves

4 comments:

mom said...

Better then good Mel' Love that statement.

wk-eigenheer said...

Melanie I love your thinking!Yes your life is full of Purpose!It can and will be busy at times but so rewarding and in line whit Gods plan for Women . May He bless you richly on your journy as a Mom of 3, wife and house keeper! We are proud of you.

Ursi said...

Mel, your post really resonated with me. "Busy" has almost become another "4-letter-word". "Working steadily with a purpose" gives so much more meaning and satisfatcion to my day than "being busy".
I will think of that as I'll be purposefully working in my garden today, take the kids to swimming lessons and then get ready for my first day with a roadside stand out front.
Thanks for your blog!!

mel said...

ursi- we need to pick a time to connect via phone for the over due phone catch up call. mess me when its a good time for you