This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

last fri

 joey helped me cook supper. shes quite the little helper you know
 i can loan her to you if you like, shes really great at making an easy job more work! haha

last fri we had our last curling session for the yr. ellie and nate really enjoyed it.  the group decided to do it again next yr but put them in levels where they can work their way up to join teams.  personally, i love my curling time.  me, coffee and friends with 1 kid= easy conversation!
 joey was talking to her stuffies. i love listening to her babble and talk
 fri night last week after i put the girls to bed i came down to find company in the back yard!  DUCKS! 
 so cute.
ive also decided that my favorite time of day is when i put the girls to bed, clean the house. sit and enjoy the SILENCE. can i get an AMEN!  this is the time adam and god would walk and talk in the garden in the cool of the day, and now i know why its so darn enjoyable!
so.  last saturday my friend was heading to maine to pick up her packages and asked if wanted to go with her for the day.  HECK YES!  im right on that. 

she picked me up at the ungodly hour of 7 AM.  we drove the 3 hrs to the border.  went through the border, passed our pass ports over, explained why we were entering to hear "please pull ahead, park the car, and come in"

im like WHAT THE WHAT?  ive NEVER been called in.  aralee said "i KNEW this would happen. sorry.  its my sons fault" then she explained to me that she always gets a hard time entering because her son moved to the states to go to school, ended up staying anf getting married. its all done legally BUT he did not wait to get approval from border/customs and instead got approval through a lawyer to get married. the border patrol will ALWAYS pull her in

so off we went.  it was literally like the show border patrol.  the guy we had was nice, but really he was not that nice. after grilling me and determining i have nothing to hide,  i sat and waited, and waited, and waited. i would have taken pics bec it was so funny.  but they took my phone. and went through it!  they read my texts, looked at photos, went through email. you name it. it was quite funny...

after 45 mins, a car check, a back ground check, they checked everything they could think of. they finally allowed 2 40 yr old moms into the country to pick up parcels at the post office

oh ya, we went to mardens and walmart. i spent 20.30. i skipped dollar tree. 

coming home we had to go in to pay taxes.  aralee paid 40 and they let me go, haha.  so after adding the gas, taxes, and post box fees we calculated that it is still 100 CHEAPER to drive to maine to pick up orders than ship form the states to canada

we waited to enter canada to get supper. haha

it was a lovely day of driving and talking and i got to meet the border patrol.  man, those dudes are NOT nice!

3 comments:

Ursi said...

That is so crazy! Reminds me of whenJeff and I crossed the border in the middle of the night to visit Jeff’s sister. Whose address we did not have memorized and had to dig through our stuff to find it. Yup, that was interesting!

mel said...

it was redic and yet so funny. i had no idea where we were going, i had no addy, i was just going along for the ride. usually when i travel with my sis, i just yell over to her at customs "whats the address again?" and they let me through. ha i DID tell the dude to please not flag me bec my sister will KILL me. she travels a lot, and i travel with her sometimes and it would mess her up to be with me if im flagged....he rolled his eyes at me and went back to checking my phone. i should have offered him a detailed explanation of the 1000's of pics i take. hahaha

border crossings. what a pain!

no caps nate said...

Mom you need to respect those people. they are there to keep you safe, so you you sould not mock authority.

Nate but sounds like shawn