This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

cookies!

we spent the afternoon making cookies (from the dough that i made last week oops forgot)
nate's very first rolled, cut cookie!

he was so into this cookie thing. i let him play and make the biggest mess for an HOUR...nate cut, rolled, pressed and had a blast. then i gave him the scraps and he made his own cookies
rolling his cookies
which he called...wait for it... "ugly carrots"
what a card
and put them on my rolling pin...those ugly carrots
then onto the decorating. i gave him the sprinkles, the icing and a bowl. i showed him how to put the cookie in the bowl THEN put the sprinkles on it and the bowl will catch most of the mess
it worked! the clean up was easier and you know what, totally worth it. we had so much fun
finished product
first bite
he loved them!
not to brag but these cookies are by far the BEST tasting i have EVER made. i have no clue where i got the recipe, i didn't save it (boo) but they rolled so smooth, the dough was so easy to roll....my 3 yr old could do it! they baked so nicely and stayed pale. amazing. i do know they were one of the healthier recipes i found
nate and i had so much fun. he chatted the whole time and i got to hear him share the tidbits of his life with me. as simple and silly as they were
he's my "cookie maker man"
haha!

1 comments:

Ursi said...

That's awesome that you let Nate just have fun and make a mess. I'm still very anal about that. It is so difficult trying to keep 2busy girls out of the mess when it's time to clean up. I think if I would just resign myself to having a mess and a "interesting" time trying to clean it up, maybe I'd get into more creative stuff with the girls. Let's just say there's lots of room for me to grow.

Happy New Years!!