This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God

Why are you discouraged, my soul? Why are you so
restless? Put your hope in God, because I will still praise him. He is my savior and my God

Why are you crushed down, O my soul? and why are you troubled in me? put your hope in God; for I will again give him praise who is my help and my God

Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God! For I shall still praise him, the saving help of my countenance, and my God

discouraged
cast down
restless
crushed down
despair

i have faced this for weeks. daily

soul

-the principle of life, feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part

- the emotional part of human nature; the seat of the feelings or sentiments

praise
hope
help
savior
god
still
again

ever read the same old. same old. been there. done that. gone through the act because you think it may help? then suddenly. as a gut punch. you stop. you look. you respond in a way that is new to you?

maybe it's not you

maybe it's god

maybe he's showing you. me. something new

something new from the same old. same old. been there. read it before

exactly when you need it

it just happened to me. in my son's bed. reading his bed time story. a verse caught my eye. i quickly memorized the text. tucked nate away. ran down to the lap top to plug it into a few translations

then it hit me

exactly what i need. exactly at the right time. exactly tonight

my response is what scared me

why?

my spirit finally "gets this"

my body is talking to me
my mind is talking to me
my spirit is silent

my soul is yelling. it's screaming at me. it's loud. i can't hear anything else

but my soul is NOT me. it's separate

i don't have to listen to it anymore. i can if i want to. but i don't have to

my spirit is going to praise god
even when i can't speak the words
my spirit chooses to sing
to praise
to turn my mind off

i will get back up

i may not be able to see the big picture today. i don't have to. the first picture you see? when you look up and over the mountain, this is the view

everything is nutty (more than normal :) right now and i may not be able to see the big picture right now, tomorrow or next week. but god can and he chose to spoon feed me my medicine tonight, when i simply could not even pick up the spoon

my future is bright! SHUT UP my soul. just. shut. up

my spirit says



2 comments:

Mary said...

Mel:

he raised me up and I didn't even know Him, as my saviour, How much more He will do for you that already know Him. God Bless you my girl. He will bring you through this storm to be a new person. I love you Mel.
Mom

wk-eigenheer said...

Love you Melanie! HE will keep you in his hand.I pray for you to feel HIS love and peace. Love Muetti