This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

super heros, life and learning.......

 my super hero for jesus
 his selfie shot. its funny each time i upload my pics i find pics that he's taken. they crack me up

nate taking in the sun
ellie was sharing her apple with him
 we spent time this week during our * "free time" in the mornings creating structures

* morning free time is AWESOME. i've intro'd this in our routine back in sept. i spent the mornings doing house stuff, running errands, sleeping in. haha, the kids play what they want, but there is no t.v or video games. actually nate doesn't get much tv, if at all...its basically a chunk of time for me to get things done before we do school so i am free to focus on that. it works really well for us
 he loved it

i also did ellie's first updo!  so fun to have a girl!
 we also played this fun game....its teaching him strategy....that's quite educational.....cough
aunty!!!!


 yesterday aunty came up for a visit. i kept nate home from church and we hung out. cry, me and the kids.  when i put nate to bed last night he told me that "he loves aunty so much and is so glad he got to spend time with her and that he will go to the mall with us again" hahaha could be the huge booster juice i bought him

my little book lover! ellie has always loved books but now shes bringing them to me to read to her. so fun!  she LOVES the interactive books that have things for her to touch, lift, smell etc... its cute
this  morning, she brought me a book to read.  i can hear nate's 2 yr old voice saying "read book"

i've noticed ive been asked more often lately how school is going, its asked almost in every conversation...i can honestly say, it's going very well.  maybe it's the combo of changes i've made, more patience on my end, asking chris to do things that i ran out of time to do,  hanging out with ppl who have kids the same age as us and seeing how chilled they are and seeing the results of my work

i know last yr i did feel the brunt of the life style change, no more mom groups or play dates.  and watching my friends shop, lunch and hang out with no kids and the freedom that brings.  while i felt left out and alone.  it's not like that anymore.  i feel that my days are full and fun, relaxed and flexible.  i do get out, on nights and weekends.  but it doesn't feel like a huge sacrifice anymore, it feels normal. 

i can finally say that i am truly content with life and it's wonderful to wake up feeling this way. 

life is truly good

5 comments:

Loana said...

Awesome blog....love your closing paragraphs...love you girlie!

Papa said...

Melanie dear, I had to look at this picture of Ellie and the book closer because she has really changed in her looks, especially in that one looking up at you.

She truly reminds me of another young beauty I held in my arms as a little girl, that's right YOU, Miss Melanie. Take a good look yourself and I really noticed the mouth, WIDE open.

Love Ya Baby,

Daddy

mel said...

hahahaha dad! are you saying that i am loud??? hahaha

Crystal said...

I sure had fun visiting with my Nate last week! Can't wait to hang out with him some more next time.

mel said...

cry, nate LOVES you! its so funny how much he talks about aunty this and aunty that...hahaha