This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

this and that

chris and i were chatting in bed last night, we usually try to connect each day and share the silly and seriousness of the day. i told him a few stories and he thought i should blog them so we have a record of them....so i am!

nate-

i was sitting at the laptop chatting with a friend while balancing on the front 2 chair legs, leaving the back 2 in the air.  nate was suppose to be outside playing with the kids when he comes running by me from the front door in his full superhero garb (cause he is a super hero ya all!) when he grabs the chair and sets it on all 4 legs and at the same time he says "there, i just saved your life. just another day being a super hero" and ran out the back door

bawahhhh

this morning while cutting his 'toads in a hole' he looks over and me and says "well this is awkward"  i'm like hu????  and he says "the word awkward means to not know the outcome resulting in a feeling of uneasiness. i can't cut my bread. it's awkward"

ok then!

last week while doing a room inspection i discovered a framed picture in nate's bed.  i noticed it missing from the wall when i came back from the cruise.  the picture is of my dad in mexico, i called nate in and asked him what it was all about and he says

"i just love papa so much i want to sleep with his picture so i can see him all the time"

my heart

one last one

ellie was having issues with her sippy cup, nate walks over and fixes it for her while he walked away he says "my work here is done"

ellie-

yesterday i was looking for the remote. i checked everywhere for it! i couldn't find it anywhere. finally i called chris on the phone intercom (i don't like yelling in the house so when we have to call to each other on a different level we use the phone which is also set up as an intercom)  i said to chris in a rather frustrated and snotty voice where he put the remote seeing as he was the last person to have it the night before.  i told him to get up staris and find it for me

i then got busy platting supper and getting it off the stove

out of the corner of my eye i saw ellie walk around and go to the front cabinet where she LOVES to open all the doors and drawers.  she came to me and stood beside me at the sink, i was pouring hot food so i wasn't paying attention to her.  she said "mamama" after a few rounds of "mamama" she reaches out and touches my leg and says "hi, mama"  i look down and there she is holding  the remote out to me!!!

the little stinker took the remote, put it in the cabinet and remembered it! she heard me ask chris about it and went and got it for me

i was and still am shocked!

home school update

i am so grateful that i hooked up with a solid, seasoned home educating mom last yr who encouraged me with words, phone calls, emails and hugs and gifts to encourage me last yr....i wanted  quit every friday from sept-dec and put nate in school...i stuck the first yr out, which is the most challenging yr i've been told.  and i am SO glad i didn't

i took the advise of her and a few others and made some changes during the last yr, i joined up with other mom's who home school, put nate in classes and spent a lot of time praying over the summer

i LOVE home educating. it's who we are. it's our life style. it fits us to a t.  i can not imagine not doing this. yes i have my days, yes i cry and get frustrated but my patience level has really grown. a lot.  my nerves are stronger and i feel closer to my kids and closer still as a family unit

i love being home with my kids and watching them grow.  i love being the one who teaches them.  i enjoy learning along side of them. i love the friendships i've made because of this life style but most of all, i LOVE being in my cosy, comfortable bed at 7:30....getting up when i feel like it, enjoying a non rushed morning at my pace. ha!

so yea, home school is da bomb for this group of eigenheer's!

2 comments:

Loana said...

I think this is one of my favorite blogs! Love the stories and all your updates.
You ROCK girlie you are doing "IT" and very well I might add!! xo

carollyn m said...

You can do it! You're looking good, Mel!...I recall those feelings you expressed. On the days you feel overwhelmed, get out of the "classroom" & get a fresh perspective from the park bench or a drive in the country. It is SO rewarding. I loved being a home educator.....My only regret - I didn't start sooner!

Enjoy the journey! XO