This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

another week!

sunday during the down pour chris took nate captive, against his will to play outside
it took nate a few min to warm up to it and they ended up having a blast!


                                                           jump, jump, jump

 they came in soaked and happy!
 and made more laundry for me! haha

we picked up these books at Costco. I LOVE them.  I've seriously taken 2 to bed to read at night. they are updated and ubber educational.  they have these facts and hand on activities
we were studying composites the other day so making use of the cloudy day on  Monday we made our own composite!

paper mache!
I've never made it before and it was fun! messy but fun. haha
I used 1/2 flour and water and mixed it till I liked the consistency, then I added salt to prevent mold and cinnamon to make it smell nice
worked like a charm
 nate mixed
 ellie played
then we created and let dry over night
 yesterday morning we popped the balloon and ate breaky deciding on what to make these composites into
nate came up with armour!
we have to paint them next. it was a fun project for sure!
 
nate funny- I had to slip out to the grocery store yesterday am, nate was playing ninja and wanted to go dressed up like he was. I thought sure, why not. creative play is good and I love that he has no concept of what is "cool" and "uncool"  or rather he has no concept of caring what others think of him. 
so we get to the store and run into our neighbour, a good friend...she comments that nate is dressed interesting....I told her in front of nate that he's a ninja :)  and is playing the role. off nate went to hide behind the produce. then she commented that it's nice that I let him out n public like that. hahaha.  I took it as a complement and said yep, I am ok with him dressing up and being a kid.  I am also ok with him wearing pj's at noon.....cough.....
point is, he had a great time playing while i got groceries, being himself!
 I came into the room and found this. my little mess maker!  I think she got some help! haha
nate dressed as a fighting machine and yes, I let him run around outside dressed like this. it's called creative play and little tv!  go nate go! be who GOD created you to be.........

4 comments:

wk-eigenheer said...

I enjoy to see the space to play and be you give and provide for your kids. And the father son fun in the rain is so an awsome experience . For young and oldalike ! And the laundry is not that big a work it was in the old times. Thank you Melanie.

mom said...

Nate is so funny, good for you to let be a kid. love, mom

Crystal said...

I am so shocked you didn't go play in the rain.... NOT! Bet you had a nice hot cup of coffee, and enjoyed watching them get soaked!
I would so allow Quinn to dress us like a ninja to go shopping! It's better than any outfit he would choose...

Loana said...

Amen and Amen...you two are a Rocking parental team!!!