This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

when the rain falls

shortly after i married and moved out west with my beloved. i fell on some hard times. mostly, leaving my entire family, all my friends, the best job ever, an amazing church, my support network and well, yeah, my life. some days were so hard

one hard day. chris took me to the river (the only decent amount of water and for a coaster like myself water is SO important) to walk and talk and share

at one point i became over whelmed and stared to cry

chris picked me up, carried me to a park bench and let me cry on his shoulder

then he sang



When the rain comes it seems that everyone has
gone away
When the night falls you wonder if you shouldn't
find someplace
To run and hide
Escape the pain
But hiding's such a lonely thing to do
I can't stop the rain
From falling down on you again
I can't stop the rain
But I will hold you 'til it goes away

When the rain comes
you blame it on the things that
you have done
When the storm fades
you know that rain must fall
on everyone
Rest awhile
it'll be alright
No one loves you like I do
When the rain comes
I will hold you

(the highlighted blue is the words chris focused on and sang)

chris brushed my tears away
held me
loved me

months later, i received one of those calls. you know the kind. you hear the news and sit down. realizing that your world will never be the same again. i got that call. sat on my bed. called chris in, shared with him the news

again
chris picked me up
put me on his lap
and quietly sang

i can't stop the rain
from falling down on you again
i can't stop the rain
but i will hold you till it goes away

this past november. coming home from the ultrasound. i went to bed. i sobbed.

again
chris climbed into our bed
wrapped his arms around me
held me
loved me
and sang

i can't help the rain
from falling down on you again
i can't stop the rain
but i will hold you till it goes away

this past sat night. it was a long day. a long weekend...nate came running into the kitchen, tripped and face planted on the bar stool and smashed his face. the pain he felt created instant cries and many tears

my mommyness kicked in
i dropped to the floor
gather my son in my arms
cocooned him up
quietly i sang

i can't stop the rain
from falling down on you again
i can't stop the rain
but i will hold you till it goes away

i realised then. it was chris who gave me the song to sing to kiss away our son's pain...from his birth i have sung this song to him...chris was the one who gave me the words to sing, to lead us even when he is not here

how grateful and blessed am i that i have such a wonderful hubby

yesterday was father's day. a day we thank our dads for what they do. i want to thank you chris, my bestie, my pal, my partner, thank you for being a godly dad/hubs to us. we need you. we need your direction, we need your love. we simply need you!

happy father's day chris!

no one loves you like i do

6 comments:

Shannon said...

At first, this reminded me of the song my Mom would sing to us, as children "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be...." It comes from a book and speaks of the mother picking up her baby/toddler/child/preteen/teen/adult and rocking him back and fourth, back and fourth. It's my favorite. As lame as it is, I sing it to the puppies when they need to calm down, or have hurt themselves and I will sing it to my children one day. It's one of those things that stick with you - one of those songs that comfort you when nothing else can - it's tied to a memory, and I think that's the reason it's so valuable to me, like Chris' song to you.

When I heard the song you posted, it became real to me. Oh the tears! I am sure I've heard this song countless times, never truly listening to the words, and the meaning that could be behind them. Chris, I don't know you but from what I've heard from others and read from Mel's blog, you are one amazing guy/husband/dad! Mel, you are very blessed. The part that touches me most is that he would sing to you. That is one of the most sincere, romantic, sweet things a man could do, in my own opinion of course!

This might just be the new song that 'repeats' over and over again on our house! Thanks guys!

Ursi said...

Dear Mel
Thank you for showing me my brother in new ways. I am glad that he found you, and that you found him.
You do have a way of making me cry though. I am blessed to have you as a sister, even if it's long distance.
Love, Ursi

mel said...

usri- it does crack me up that ppl see chris's firm/ridget/strickness and not his soft side. living with him, i think that i see it a lot more than you guys but honest...chris is SO sensitive. he's such a sweetie. i just laugh when ppl find him to harsh. he's actually not! maybe in oct you can see it :) i will cry and get him to show it :) haha!

mg-i know the book you speak of. i have it for nate but it kinda creeped me out and i stopped reading it...not sure why...and please don't be upset with my comment, i meant it in a creeped out nice way :)

chris sings to me a lot. usually i ask him to stop. haha. i kid, i kid. naw. chris seems mean but he's actually quite soft :)

Shannon said...

haha, I wouldn't take offence to that - are you crazy, that would be silly!? Jeremy thinks the book is creepy LOL, he can't get over the old woman rocking her adult son!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? This is like a seen of a movie!! You guys are so special!! And Chris is so romantic! He should give lessons to Eugene! lol I LOVE the song! I had never heard it!! So sweet!
Véronique

Anonymous said...

oops...not seen...scene :)
Véronique