This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

comfortness!

divine discipline
divine comfort

what?

ps 23 (mel style)

the lord is my leader shepherd guide
he has given me all that i need,want, dream!
he is so good that he lets me run, sleep, eat and enjoy my life
he takes me along the easy road, i stop, shop and laugh. life is good
he does all this so i can give him glory and live for him...right!

then

when i go through the not so great things in life
or when life's situations bring character growing (painful, crying, sobbing times)
like (bec hey, i am a visual gal who loves examples)

losing a baby and learning to be happy for your sister and her wee one

or

pouring your heart into a project and have it criticized. by many

or

hearing gossip. about yourself. and it's not that uplifting

or

slowly over time, allowing a teeny thought to pop in your mind, then another, then another...then there are so many you literally have to stop and think "hey! what's the REAL truth here?"

want an example?

sure!

just some random thoughts (ok maybe i do post way too much personal things here!)
-why do i care so much about what others think of me?
am i too fat? too skinny?
too loud? too quiet?
too rich? too poor?
too lazy? too active?
too spiritual? or a fakery?
too giving? or not giving enough?
snotty? closed up? ditsy? angry? selfish?
hummmm
too full of yourself? too rude? cold? stand offish? snotty? quiet?

yep. i think those thoughts

i find myself caring, as of the late, way too much about what others think of me
so much that i find myself losing me

and when this happens. my whole life starts to spiral. remember! ladies are a big ol plate of spaghetti. everything is all connected together. lucky us!

back to the good book

even when i go though awful bad times and feel death (which i think could be a good thing!!!) i am not scared. i will not run to food, working out, gossip, anger, lashing out or hide in bed

why?

because your rod and staff they comfort me

how in the big! wide! world! can DISCIPLINE bring me comfort??? discipline hurts! it's ugly and i don't like it! discipline tells me that i am wrong (NEVER! ha) and that sucks, and hurts and well yeah...

again. needing a visual i did some searching to find out what the big deal is about Sheppard's and rods...i found this long but read worthy article

www.antipas.org/magazine/articles/shepherd_psa23/shepherd_7.html

THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN!!! after all that comfort by getting convicted, confessing and freedom....you can have this

a feast in your honor. BUT it's in front of your enemies

am i weird to read and think this "man, that is just wrong. the last place i would want a feast is with ppl who don't like me!" personally, i had friends at my wedding feast. but the bible says enemies. why? that's so twisted

THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN!!!

god anoints you with OIL! IN FRONT of ppl who don't like you!!!

then you are blessed with abundance FOREVER they will follow you all the days of your life. and your enemies KNOW this!

again. i am a visual person so i see this

me on a stage. like a huge sports arena. i am eating at my feast. in honour of me. the place is packed. like standing room (haha) BUT these people don't like me. and well, i am sure that they are sharing all their fondness of me with those around them...so there is a lot of not liking mel going on (imagine the feeling in that room!)

then god stand up and gives a speech about how great i am, and then gives me a new house, car, money, trips, shopping gift cards! a new job, a boat and my own private island...which would be in the key's, right beside disney's private island, with ice cream fountains and a shopping mall...and a personal masseuse and hair stylist and trainer....right...where was i?

then god blesses me with

"unfailing mercy and goodness" for the rest of my life

forever

yeah. why would he do that?

in front of ppl who don't like me!

hummm maybe those who trust in god and allow him to "comfort" them with a rod beating and a staff smack down to put themselves back on the road god has for them are open to allowing god to use them and live for them...are strong. powerful people

conviction is icky

confession is humbling

forgiveness is freedom

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Great post. I love this! I love your honesty. The raw emotion in your post. Love it. I am sure that there are also a standing-room-only worth of people who would be there because they love you! My heart aches that you've had to go through some of these things, Mel, (and I think gossip is one of the very worst), but I (personally) am humbled by your stories!

Veronique said...

Great Blog post!!! :)

Penny said...

I just learned this past weekend that We tend to think we are immune from Gods discipline, but His discipline is inflicting pain for redemptive purposes!

So, if you have to feel icky, yucky and all that awfulness that comes from His discipline, it is nice to know that you likely come out of it feeling free, new, and changed!

I know when my kids are disciplined, I love those quiet moments after the punishment, the crying is over, the fits are gone and they come air on my lap to have the gentle talk-it-over on my lap and get a big "I love you" with a hug! Very soon after the weight is lifted and the smiles are on their faces!

Great post!