This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

bikes, baking and the boy

i love this bike. i bought it for 4 bucks in this teeny, tiny antique shop in the middle of no where sasky. it was beat up, rusted and had very little paint. i took it home, sand blasted it, painted it twice because the first blue was not the color i wanted. ha. it now sits in the front of my 3rd home...

under it sits this rock. it looks like any other rock. big. solid. boring old rock

it's not an old boring rock to me

this rocks sits in the front of my home with a label on it

the label says "god is faithful. god is good"

why?

this rock came from the bowness park. calgary.

www.calgaryarea.com/calgary_parks/bowness_park/bowness.htm

chris took me to the rock pile (my family knows where this is) we sat. i cried. chris held me. i just left my home to follow the man i adore...as happy as i was, i was equally sad...i missed my life!

chris and i prayed. there and then chris made me a promise...we will return "home" one day

when it was time to leave, chris picked the rock up and put it in the car. where it was driven to our new home in saskatoon. it sat in front of my "little house of love" (and i mean little!)

then we moved "home" and it sat in front of my new home "my little home in the country"

and once again, we moved. it now sits in front of my new home, "my redic-in my dreams house"

think of how many times you walked in front of that rock...thinking..."wow, what a boring rock"

every time i walked pass, it screams of god's goodness

chris is working today with a friend. they are slaving away in this heat. i am in my a/c home...so i baked chris's fav bread. walnut date. now my house smells simply divine!

wanna come over for a piece?
nate cuteness. so. we have been having issues with nate as of late. nothing serious. just child training. anyways. he has lost his mail box 6 out of 7 days. today, he actually earned it. so i went to fill it with some candy
imagine my surprise when i opened it and saw that nate already filled it...for himself...ha
with what?
why a whole wheat cracker and an apricot
he must have thought he would reward himself, with or with out my help
ha
i added some candy to it
i leave this long-winded blog with this funny read
"a lazy man says, "there is a lion on the road! a fierce lion roams the street." prov 26:13
i love it. i keep quoting it...esp hen it suits my need
e.g
"mel, can you mow the lawn?"


" i can't!!!! there is a LION on the road!!! a FIERCE lion is out there!!!!"
bawahhhh
david was such a card, i bet he was fun to party with

0 comments: