This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

me bad

i have not been one to participate in "spiritual roulette" you know how to play! no? easy-peasy! i'll explain!

your world crashes in. you lose your job, a baby, a family member, your house, get cancer, having difficulties with your family, marriage, spouse, child, grandfather, dog....etc....

you need a word. any word will do! grab your bible, flip it open and point! voila! that's god's very own, special word just for you. just for now. just for today!

wait out until the storm passes

repeat

that's how one plays spiritual roulette!

n-e-ways

i literally had to snort, out loud, when i read my good book a few mins ago...i was not actually expecting to actually read or get slammed in the face with something i so needed (NOT wanted) to hear...it reminded me of the whole spiritual roulette thing...

i read this. old school

it cracked me right. on. up!

"as a prisoner for the lord; then i urge you to live a life worth living, worthy of the calling you have received. be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing one another in love. make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace." eph 4:1-2

first- as a prisoner. think about it. i see chains, held under control, mostly not wanted....and ugly, unflattering outfits

then

live a life worthy (that alone deserves a break down for another day) of the calling I have received....i see it wrapped in a box, given to me and i took it, opened it and make it mine...i took on this god life as a life style. it's who i am

THEN be completely...i see complete as a final finish....like i completely ate that whole (oops) tub of ice cream in 3 days (sadly, this is true)

humble...ouch....i see as me the wedding planner (the best job evah!) i did all the work and the bride got all the credit....and i did it with a total happy heart (tiss true) that's humble baby ( i am talking about the jobs i took on with no pay)

gentle....like when i held nate for the first time and ben's teeny, tiny, delicate but perfect body

bearing....i see child birth, i see my sister bearing down with all her might to birth my charlotte grace...pain, hard work

one another...everyone in my life....in love

making everything i have in my power to keep the unity (family, friends, work, church) together

in peace! can i just say something? i don't wanna do this!!!! it's my birthday! do i HAVE too???

so on my birthday, i struggle... christ is gonna have to work in me a wee bit more i think!


birthday updates will be later. this birthday girl still has a whole lotta party left in her!

0 comments: