This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

me ears!

forgot to call the family about my annual check up...it's easier for me to just blog it. so this post is kinda boring for those who are not family...or care....haha

i went for my hearing check up. the dr ran some tests and came back to talk to me. we sat down and she asked the basic questions

how many kids do you have? 1
when was the last test done? 2 yrs ago. after i had nate. oops

then she asked if i have had any other testing done. i said no

then she told me that my left ear has not changed since my pregnancy with nate

quick back up story for those who don't know

- i lost some hearing as a child in the left ear. over time with massive ear infections and good old dr neglect, i lost almost all hearing by 18

-at 18, i went to get checked again and was shocked to discover that i had a huge growth/abscess growing on my what's left, ear canal. the infection ate away any "good" tissue. i was booked for reconstructive surgery the next week to remove the nasty growth, then take tissue from the side/back of my head/neck to create a "new" ear drum/canal the remaining nerves and such were reattached with the hope of new growth and *cross fingers* get some hearing back

-as time went by, i did not gain any hearing. (sob, sob) and in sheer and utter refusal, i will not wear a hearing aid...i just suck it up and like being deaf haha

so. after i birthed nate, i went for my annual test and was told that i did develop "hormone related hearing loss"

yes. your hormones can cause you to lose your hearing in pregnancy

so i now lost the hope of getting some hearing back with connecting the nerves (sometimes it can happen as you age) and get this. i lost some hearing in my right ear, due to my pregnancy with nate

so. skip 2 yrs later...back to last wks hearing test....

the dr then told me that i some how lost "significant" hearing in my RIGHT ear and how this is possible,??i also lost the remaining "tone" in the left ear....

she was confused how this could happen????

it hit me. i felt the tears starting up

i told her that i was pregnant last year and we lost the baby at 19 wks. she confirmed what she thought happened i lost MORE hearing with ben's pregnancy....sniff, sniff....even though i did not carry full term, the hormones that do the most damage are the ones at the start of the pregnancy

ok. then i cried. she felt so bad for me and my situation...

i lost my son and more hearing!

then we finished the tests and her report it this:

i am the perfect candidate to have more surgery in both ears. esp the left

BUT

they will only do this surgery when you are FINISHED your family. bec, i could get pregnant and then lose more hearing...and that is a very high chance of that happening. she said that the surgeon may make an exemption for me and operate...with the chance of me getting pregnant, bec we are not done with our family (our hearts desire that is)

OR

i suck it up buttercup and get the blasted hearing aid

the wait list to see the surgeon is 1 yr

but! i have an appointment in 2 wks!!

breaking down and crying was a good thing :) the dr felt so bad for me, she actually called the surgeon himself and told him to see me asap...ha...and i got in!

now that's favor!

i will keep you's all updated after that appointy

0 comments: