This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

anti-v-dayness!

today is v-day. or as i use to call it happy heart break day

ha!


i detest this day off all the holidays. i think it makes singles feel like losers, those who are married and don't get the token flowers, candy and that giant teddy bear like they are in a bad marriage and those who have lost loves well! lonely!


i think it sets people up to be hurt

and for men to spend money

teen girls to reach out for love in the wrong places

and for society to spend money


yesterday i was explaining to nate that today is v-day and it's a day that we go out of our way to celebrate love. to share with each other what/how we feel about them

nate asked me "how do you feel about me?"

i said "why i love you!"

nate said "but you love me everyday!"


bingo! and that is why i don't waste my money on this day



call me what ever. i don't care. bring on the hate, ha. (i am secure in this area)


to me a valentine is a guy


-who unplug the toilet, when it's NOT his stuff that clogged it

-brings home milk, that i forgot in the morning. taking him out of his way to do so

-sets up another banquet, tables, chairs and all ...again with no complaining

-rubs legs, back and feet with NO expectations

-picks up ice cream late at night

-when seeing bags upon bags of shopping delight responds with "show me what you got"

-says, out of the blue "you should call so and so up and go for a coffee"

-sees the pile of toys, and helps clean it up

-puts gas in the cars when it's cold out

-empties the dishwasher

-while reviewing the budget and realising the clothing budget for the month was dbl he responds with "well, you did need some clothing"

-hugs are given when not deserved

-telling the truth when it will cause back lash

-reminding of the truth, even when you don't feel it


these are just a few of the things my valentine did for me the past week. today is great for sharing love and all that but to me, a real valentine does the above all the time


i would rather a year long valentine!


hate me now? ha!

7 comments:

Ursi said...

No hate here!! Because you are so right.
And I'm mighty proud of my big brother :)
Lots of love, this lovely love day!!
Ursi

Anonymous said...

I've been preaching this for years and been getting the look, I totally agree with you, the unnecessary money spent on this day is complete madness....I don't like the gift exchange at Chrstmas either between audults, the stress it creates takes away from the joy of the day.

Ejoy the love!

Aunt Shirley

mel said...

a.s!- i am the same way! c and i don't exchange christmas gifts, haven't for yrs! same with b-day's and anni's! i want the love all yr round and the best gifts for me don't cost at all! e.g last yr for our anni chris moved all my curtain rods! i would rather a gift of furniture moving, painting or making me something (with zero complaining ha!) than diamonds, chocolates and cards....says the girl who doesn't wear her eng ring... we are related! ha!

Anonymous said...

sounds like complete logic to me :)

have a great night!
xo,Misty

wk-eigenheer said...

How I agree with you ! I have problems too with that money making. ... and what does that improve heart love? What diffenrences makes it if all the money is spent to learn to care understand and show love in helping one another? May be buisness will go back because peopel are sattisfied and content from the real love they recieve like you do all years long and everyday in smal doeses but real love.May we teach and live it all days not onli on v-day.

Love you from far with a prayer in my heart for you to our ever loving father in heaven.
Muetti

Anonymous said...

mel, we're more alike than you know! and i like that. AS

mel said...

gotta add. chris did get me a v-gift. ice cream that i craved and i shared with nate and he fixed my shower so i can take hot showers now. see! to me that means SO much more...and that he did it with no complaining!