This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

bbq pit

funny how a silly something can bring back memories...like this silly bbq pit...let me explain

growing up in calgary we had access to mega amount of parks. most of these parks had bbq pit thingy's that you could use to bbq your dinner at

this winter chris and i were walking in a local park here in moncton when i saw this pit

total flash back

as soon as i saw it, i could smell the hamburgers that my dad would bbq for my bro and sis and i as well as our multitude of friends. i could hear the kids yelling, laughing and having fun. in a flash i saw my mom setting the picnic tables up, the baseball glove and ball on the ground waiting to be played with. i could remember my dad promising to take us to the park after supper to swing on the sliding play swingy (great description eh) i could taste the chips and pop that my dad would bring along as a "treat"...the memories of my childhood came flooding back that morning this past winter. i tried to shared them with chris but he was not quite understanding us crazy canadian carroll's and our family picnics in the park...but wanting to hear more, to understand me better, just because he loves me....he let me talk and share and remember

one silly old bbq pit brought back a flood gate of amazing child hood memories and left me with the desire to create it for my own child(ren)

i wonder if that is how the Israelites felt when they saw the alters that they had built and left to always remind them of how far god brought them

i thank god for my amazing childhood. parents who played with us. a child to create memories with. but most of all, a god that cares about me and silly bbq pits

4 comments:

Shannon said...

It really is amazing the memories we remember so vividly as children. It teaches us, as adults, the importance of our time with our kids and our friends, family, etc. doesn't it? How each memory really is valuable, since we'll likely remember it for years (and years and years) to come *especially as women!!*.

I cannot wait to have a yard and a firepit - it is the thing I'm most looking forward to about having a yard... even if it's only 10 feet between my back deck and garage! 10 feet is enough for a firepit... right? ha

Crystal said...

It's funny about the BBQ pit. I always feel nostalgic when I see that one. It has to be the kind like your pic too. I even tried to explain it to Shawn once, and he had no idea what i was talking about!
We should go to that fire pit park next time we are up and show the guys what we mean.

mel said...

shannon-it's funny how much us ladies remember....every. little. detail...ha!

cry-we must have a bbq when you guys come up, how's next weekend for ya?

Crystal said...

I wish we could come visit. It is the May 24 long week-end which means Shawn is working, and will be up to his eyeballs in annoying drunks!

Soon though...