This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

mother's day




we don't make a big deal out of mother's, father's, anniversary's, valentines etc... day's. personally, i don't like the world's influence and the added "buy, buy buy" attitude. we keep it low key...that does not say that we don't celebrate it. we do. just in our own way.
i had the privilege of sleeping in this morning (8:15 wheee!) i woke up to a letter, came down stairs and had the bestest gift ever...my little guy yelling "mommmy!!! i love you!!!" and my big guy holding a cup of fresh, brewed, just the way i love it, coffee...and a hug and a kiss... the perfect start to mother's day
i just think that sure flowers are nice and all. gifts are great, but i would rather have a hubs who does all kinds of things for me, all year round. like for example building the landing, fixing my window, helping me get the house ready for company, giving nate a bath while i get ready, buying me strawberries because he knows i love them, picking up milk on the way home, helping me carry the groceries in, helping me scan 200 pages of a kids book, helping me edit a manual (which took hours) those to me are the gifts i want
sure, this mother's day could get me down. if i let it. but i won't. i have so much!
i have the most wonderful god, who loves me for me.
i have this crazy swiss who adores me (really, he does!)
i am the proud mother of 2 amazing boys! 1 who keeps me busy here on earth and the other is waiting for me!
i have the bestest sister, who is having a super healthy pregnancy and equally healthy (first!) granddaughter
i have the world's most adorable nieces and nephews. seriously, we make cute kids!
i have the most supportive parents in the world, that have loved me no matter what. who can say that?
i have the most loving inlaws who continually surprise me by showing me how special they think i am
my brother, who is so sensitive, kind and loving, shows me how much he cares...and he just happened to marry the coolest gal around...who draws the best pictures evah!
my sister in law in swissland has got to be the most compassionate person. she has made me cry more times than i can count over the last few months, by showing that she cares
my sis in law in canada, busy as she is, connects with me by using her talents to send us little somethings. they mean so much
the most wonderful (i won't name due to privacy) girlfriends. who have used their own stories to encourage me, support me and share many, many tears with...each email, card, letter, phone call, drop by has meant SO much to me
i could go on and on. i have so much.
but most of all. i have a god who will never, ever leave me. through good and bad, heart ache/break, joy and sorrow. he's like glue. stuck to me
thank you jesus for choosing me to be a mom to 2 of the best little boys around
chris gave me something to think about a while back, we believe that every time conception occurs, there is life. if that life is cut short, we believe that that baby has a spirit, soul and not yet developed body, but when their little life was snuffed short they get to hang with mr. power and jesus until we get there....i wonder how many little ones we have waiting for us...something to look forward to!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Mother's Day, Melanie!