This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

it's all gonna be ok

(above is the amazing clothes i got!)

i am not sure if sitting down and blogging right now is a good thing to do


i am feeling so many things that it's hard to just stop and try to separate all the feelings and stuff


i know you do not go by how you feel but by what you know


i know it's going to be ok


let's start


yesterday was a busy day. a lot of things happened that had me feel different feelings. some good most bad


i went to my first zumba class last night. i was so out of my zone of comfort, who wants to look stupid in front of ppl they don't know that well? i wanted to puke but i went anyways. i had a good time


then i went to a friends place to pick up some clothes for nate. as i drove home i felt the following:


-sadness for my son, the one i never got to hear laugh or call "mommy"

-the babies i never got to hold

-apprehension for my sisters coming baby. how will i react to seeing the baby? i won't know until the moment

-confusion over my position with jump (church stuff)

-insecure about what i have done in the past (church stuff) i have never questioned myself in the past but this past week. i feel like a failure

-how do people really see me?

-my future. new direction. new dreams. new season

-what will happen in the next year???


one of the great things about being me is this...i never think about heavy stuff. like. ever. i dream. i giggle. i create. i do not think heavy things. that's for chris to do. not me. i am the butterfly, chris is the bear. let me fly!


i create and dream

chris makes it happen


for some reason that is changing. i feel the pressure, responsibility. it makes me feel icky


so there i am. big old bag of cloths in my hand. dreaming of what ice cream i want (you know ice cream after a work out is a MUST) when the phone rang. we ran to get it


then chris got quiet. really quiet


he hung up. i knew


i told chris how sorry i was


chris's grandmother passed away


i started to think, plan, figure out how we were going to get him there. i dug out my kijiji money, counted what i have saved. chris has to go to switzerland


chris gets on the phone. i grab the bag of clothes to keep busy. i sat there and went through the clothes and started to cry


i told god that:


i am so scared

so afraid

i am hurting

i don't know how i am going to get through this month

i feel heavy, icky and full of responsibility

i feel like a failure

i feel like a fool

i feel insecure

i feel that ppl don't like me

i am anxious about my future

what's going to happen?

what will i do?

and on and on


as the cloths piled up, i was over come with the feeling of provision. a silly bag of used clothing stopped me cold. woke me up and i realized that god will provide


i may feel like a failure at church; but i did my best

i may feel lost and out of control; but god will direct my feet

i may feel like my world is falling a part; but god is in control

i may feel icky, gross and heavy; but i will sing new songs of praise


isn't it wonderful that i don't go by how i feel?


i go by what i know


what do i know?

i know that

jesus loves me this i know

for the bible tells me so

little ones to him, i belong

i may feel weak but

he is strong

yes, jesus loves me

yes, jesus loves me

yes, jesus loves me

he told me so


confession/repentance erases guilt
so i did that
i told god all the icky things that i feel, felt and started to believe (see above)
then i gave it to him
now i am free with no guilt
i can now smile. he's with me. he loves me. i am not a failure. people do like me. i did my very bestest at church. i can and do hear from god. he will hold me
chris will be gone for 2 weeks. i will be ok while he is gone. i will miss him beyond words. everything will come together. my sister will have her daughter and everything is going to be ok. church will come together. everything will work out!
ok, this is too long. too serious. i need ice cream mmmm scotsburn came out with new flavours this summer. one is birthday party. must get some to try mmmmm

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Melanie, despite not knowing you, I feel like I know you! My heart breaks to hear the emotional wave of feelings you had to deal with. I have those days more often than I'd like to admit and they come and go without warning. Those are usually the days I don't blog. It's much easier to write about renovations, moving, etc. I am sending you a virtual hug because I am not sure if you're a hug kind of gal :)

Can I do anything to help with Chris' trip? I would be happy to contribute some cash, even if it seems insignificant in the amount. I'm so sorry Chris lost his Grandmother.

Ps) I heard of the CChurch Zumba Class... I've been wanting to try Zumba but would need a girlfriend to go with me or I'd never go.... did you enjoy the work out itself?

John Carroll said...

Melanie Dearest:

As your earthly father I just want you to know that the expressions of your battles in life are shared by more people than would admit it.

The difference is that you know your source (The Lord) and He has and will continue to show you how amazing of a daughter of his you are.

Everything you end up saying about what God shows you is the true Melanie and is what your Mother and I have always known.

Melanie you have everything needed to accomplish what the Lord has for you to do.

Dad

Shannon said...

The words of a loving father always touch me more deeply than anything else. Perhaps it's because me and my own father don't have the best relationship, or that when I see/hear the love in a father's words to his daughter it reminds me of His love for us.

Ps. You're a Carroll? Are you related to many Carroll's in NS? I know some!

mel said...

you guys are so nice. i don't want to hide; let ppl think i have it all together. i don't trust me. i have my days.
i have never been able to handle a lot of things at once...but i am getting better...

dad. i love you. knowing you have my back is as cool as knowing chris does too. you taught me what to look and wait (and wait, and wait, and wait....lalala) for in a hubs and that is just the coolest!

s- i did like the class but if i didn't have an idea how to do the basics (crunches, lunges, warm ups etc) i would have been lost. it's a good work out, but i need to do more cardio to get the heart rate up to make it a real work out. if i am not covered in sweat, it's not a work out to me...i didn't sweat much. i am going back again.

we are related to a lot of carroll's in n.s. dad was born and raised in lantz as well as all my aunts, uncles and coz's. who do you know? dad would most likely know them...he's a social kinda guy...

Shannon said...

No way! Your Dad was raised in Lantz? I actually know some Carroll's who are living in Lantz and were raised there. George, Anderine, Scott, (there's more who's names I cannot remember!) Scott and his wife Chrystal are leading a church in Lantz now called Gathering Point Church - they're Carroll's :)

mel said...

s- check your f/b in box. i sent you a mess!